1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I like my best friend.... A lot.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Aed09, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Aed09

I like my best friend.... A lot.

So here's a little background on my situation. Her and I have been close for a long time. Probably 5 years ish. She's an amazing friend and I wouldn't change/trade her for the world. We played soccer together for years and we've had a lot of classes together. She always tells me she'll be here for me no matter what and I do the same. We say we love each other and stuff like that. Whenever we hang out she's always touching me in some way (not sexual) and it's amazing. When I told her that I was gay, it was the best feeling in the world!! She has been SO supportive through everything. When I told her, we got so much closer its crazy.

The only problem is that she has a girlfriend. They have been dating for about 5 months and she always talks about how much she loves her and how happy she makes her. The girl she's dating now is the only girl she's dated and she said that she's the only girl shes ever had feelings for. Now I'm not looking to break them up or anything because I respect their relationship, and I'm sort of friends with her girlfriend.

I really want to tell her I have feelings for her but I know I can't. It is one of the worst feelings knowing I can't even tell her my feelings. I just have to pretend that it doesn't make me sad when I see them together, or when she talks about how much she loves her.

Don't get me wrong, I am so happy that she's happy, no matter who she's with. I just wish I could tell her how I really feel.

Any help would be awesome. Thank you so much if you read this.

-Ashlee

#1 Aed09, Dec 15, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Try to find other crushes you can focus on. If you do decide to tell her your feelings, also tell her that you want her to be happy and don't want to mess up her current relationship. Chances are she probably has some suspicions you like her.