1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsure of New Relationship

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Malinab323, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Malinab323

Malinab323 Guest

My best friend of 7 years and I just began a relationship and I'm honestly a little apprehensive. I liked him (born female but transgender) for about a year and a half and then met someone else who I fell for. Now that other person is gone and the feelings for my best friend have returned. Confessions were made and now we're both together. I have doubts about if I still really like him though, especially because I am a lesbian and I'm dating a man even though he hasn't transitioned yet. I feel like we may have rushed into the relationship without thinking about all the consequences and now I don't know what to do. I would hate to break up because we've only been together for a few days now. When I'm with him I feel attracted to him but when I'm not, I don't know. What should I do? :bang:

2. Well if you're a lesbian, you know one day he'll be on t and get top surgery and possibly bottom surgery. Could you still be attracted to him after all that? That's up to you.

3. Malinab323

Malinab323 Guest

I mean, I figured we'd cross that bridge when we came to it but I don't think I could be attracted to him if he went through with the transition. We are still young though, and he's told me that he's very unsure of his gender. I feel bad because I just can't seem to view him as a guy, and if I did I'm not sure I could be in a relationship with him. The scary thing is our entire families are friends and it would ruin everything if I broke up with him but I can't honestly say I'm attracted to the idea of him transitioning.

4. SuperKiwi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    For me it sounds like you have chosen to be a lesbian, no offense. But when it comes to love I like to believe that it is not as simple as what you prefer over the other, but more a sort of connection between two peoples. First I wouldn't rush things for him, because gender transitioning is not something you just do, and regret afterward (even though I do not have any personal experience on that subject, I am certain). I think you should allow yourself to look past the straight not straight gender thing, and just take one step at the time with this guy. If you really love him things will turn out okay even if he change gender or not, but if the time however shows that there truly aren't anything more than friendship to it, I guess there isn't much a gender transitioning can do for your relationship with this guy. Of course I do not know you, and I might be wrong, it's just what I thought...