1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best friend gay for me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by SuperKiwi, Dec 16, 2013.

1. SuperKiwi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Okay, first, I am very sorry if go to much in details, but hope you people would understand and bear with me.
    All this happened a while ago.
    I've got this friend which I kind of like, but never told in fair of being rejected and losing him as a friend. One of the main reasons that I thought he was straight, but now I am not so sure anymore.
    He was crashing over at my place, the typical sleepover. For some reasons I could not fall asleep. As I lay there, awfully close to my friend, I suddenly got the urge to feel him up. I know that I shouldn't do it, but still I did. Not much, only moving my hand gently under his blanket, and I can feel that he have a boner, seriously. Both shocked and afraid for the consequence I withdraw my hand, feeling ashamed; like I had broke my best friends trust. But before I got the time to regret my actions I can feel that his hand has found it's way to my genitals as well, in the meantime. So before I know it we both jerk each other of, but the most disturbing part were that we both pretend to be asleep, or at least I did.
    So the next day we both pretended like nothing had happen, and that's what bothering me. I know i like him, and then it really don't help when he suddenly give me a hope, ugh, so frustrating. The thing I really want to know, is it possible to do anything sexual like that to your friend while you're sleeping or not? And if not, do you think there might be a chance he like me the same way, or should I just leave it?
    We usually hold the eye contact for a pretty long time while we talk, and sometimes when we are alone he can get a little cuddly, but not too common of course. And ever since this action he as been more awkward or nervous around me, but only when we're in groups with other people and friends, when we are alone he all himself again, I guess. But maybe I just see all this things, based on what happen, I don't know... ?
    So thanks for your time, and I would be grateful if someone could share some thoughts or give me some perspectives on this case. Thanks :slight_smile:

#1 SuperKiwi, Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  2. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

I can't imagine that happening in someone's sleep.

I'm not sure how you should proceed, but I just don't see this being a one-sided thing.

3. SuperKiwi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah, I know. Personally I do not think he were asleep aswell, and I like to think that all the signs a "see" are something more, but I don't know, maybe I am just afraid of losing him... So it's good to get some outside thought, that way I hopefully won't fool myself...

4. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    99% sure he was awake.
    What to do?
    Personally, I would do one or more of the following:
    1) Tell him I'm gay/bi and see how he responds
    2) tell him I like him and see how he responds (options 1 and 2 are only if you two are good friends and you know he won't take it badly)

3) try to get closer to him and eventually talk to him about what happened / how you feel
    4) get very touchy-feely with him / feel him up again and see what happens

But it's your call