1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mum keeps saying your wedding

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lovely lesbian, Dec 17, 2013.

1. lovely lesbian

I'm going to a wedding at the weekend and my mum keeps saying your wedding she knows it's a mistake but I really wanna tell her I'm gay I think she wants me to meet a man get married not going to happen I don't know what to do?

2. Dans le placard

I will never know if she's trying to pressure you into getting married, but it is quite a common error for someone to say that a wedding is yours simply because you're going to it. Don't worry too much about it, and don't feel you have to tell her just yet if you don't feel quite ready.

3. apocalypse

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^^^ I agree.

And I feel ya. My parents are always talking about how I need good grades so I can get a good job in college and have a husband and start a family. My dad says stuff like "It's good you're learning how to cook, your husband will love it some day" or "You look very classy with your hair like that. I'm sure guys love it" Screw your gender roles!!

Even though it's pretty uncomfortable when people think like that, you don't need to point it out. There are always going to be people who will stay stuff like that. It's best to ignore comments like that until you're ready to come out.

Best wishes
    xx

4. Doorway

Ugh, this. I hate this "no girl will ever want a guy who (bla bla bla)" crap so much. Usually, I just tune it out though :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. sammy1

Ugh, that must b annoying! If my parents said those things to me I would probly respond with a sarcastic 'yaaaaaaaaaaah' with an eye roll

---------- Post added 17th Dec 2013 at 02:39 PM ----------

My parents don't mention things like one day meeting a boy getting married etc to me very often which I'm thankful for that lol I have a feeling they already know just by the fact I have never been in a relationship b4 and whenever someone is talking about having sex with a man (weird convos come up when our family has a drinking party lol) I kind of unintentionally say somthing like 'ew, too much info' and walk away lol

6. lovely lesbian

Thanks guys i just think it's a mistake like one of the posts said

7. Renge

Aaah samee. Gender roles are annoying "you have to be like this or your husband will blablabla". They also say now it's okay for me to have a boyfriend. Goodness, I don't even look at the boys let alone have a boyfriend