1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just had an extremely weird moment with a friend... Not sure what to make of it...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by AnonymousForeve, Dec 17, 2013.

1. AnonymousForeve

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So today, I decided to go out to the movies with a couple of my friends. We go out once every week or two, so we usually have two different people drive and the others carpool with them in order to save some money on gas (it's not like we save much; it's pretty much just an excuse for us to not have to drive alone). So at the end of the night, one of my guy friends that I've been crushing on for a while asked the rest of our friends if he could go with me (I was one of the two drivers) and if they could all go with the other driver that night. They didn't have a problem with it, so I ended up driving him to his house. When we got there, he asked if I wanted to come in and stay for a little while. I figured "why not?" and went with him. We watched some TV for about an hour and a half and I told him that I had to go. I high-fived him goodbye and then started to make my way toward the door. Suddenly, I just kinda felt him come from behind me, wrap his arms around my chest, rest his head on my shoulder and he just kind of stayed there for a couple of seconds (felt like a pretty long time, but maybe that's just how my brain reacted to the situation). I didn't know how to react to this, so I kind of just kind of got all :icon_redf, said "see you tomorrow." and walked out. I didn't know how to feel at first, but after a few minutes, I pretty much felt like this:

:wow:

I'm just wondering... Do you think he likes me? :love:

2. sammy1

Re: Just had an extremely weird moment with a friend... Not sure what to make of it..

Uuuhhh yah he likes you! :slight_smile: no doubt in my head

3. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Just had an extremely weird moment with a friend... Not sure what to make of it..

Crystal clear he likes you lmao.

4. stumble along

I would highly suggest orchestrating one things again to show that you do like him and do the same thing, think you'll end up very happy afterwards

---------- Post added 18th Dec 2013 at 04:22 AM ----------

Or text him

5. Dewey

That's sooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Majorly jealous/envious :slight_smile: Sounds like he's interested :grin:D

6. lezbhonest

awwwww yes so cute!!! hang out with him again soon! wishing u happiness, best of luck!

7. lovely lesbian

Awwww so cute!! He likes you x

8. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

omg so cute!!! :grin:
    He obviously made the effort to get alone with you. Show him that you like him back!

9. AnonymousForeve

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

I'm liking these answers :grin:

But there's a bit of a problem. Ever since I've known him, he's always been with girls and he's always talked about girls. He's never acted like he likes guys before, so I'm not sure what would happen if I said something.

10. lovely lesbian

Well maybe he's in denial who knows unless u ask him

11. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Who needs to say something verbally? :lol: !

Body language.

Thats all I have to say :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Honestly, being hugged that way, on my view, is a much deeper sign of affection than, lets say, a wild drunky make out.

He might be in denial (which I doubt?) or perhaps is still afraid of what he is feeling, either way, undoubtedly there is a very likely possibility that he really likes you!

Myself, I would understand that with deep symbolism. And...come on, he made an effort to be alone with you :lol: that say a lot along with that action.

Perhaps hint or ask him, if he wants some time alone with you again?

12. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Hey AF!

This sounds really interesting. Does he know you're gay? If he does and he did that with you, then you have every incentive to ask him if he dates guys. Just word it that way, it's non-threatening because it doesn't directly address his sense of self, just what he does.

It's much easier to ask that way, especially (but not necessarily) if he knows you're gay.

13. Silver Sparrow

Awwwwwww. But I agree with great whale, are you out to him? Has he said anything that even twanged your gaydar the tiniest bit? Well, gaydar isn't really a thing. Ok, getting myself back on topic. I think he probably likes you. Is he normally a cuddly person?

14. ZeroBlue

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

The first post made me think "such a cute story!!!".

But when you posted this part, that he's always been with girls, huge red-flags went up.

From my own experience, someone who may be on the fence and just beginning to come to terms with being gay is in a very toxic state of mind. I have seen this go very badly before. I've even had a very good guy friend repeatedly ask to see me naked and want to cuddle, but then they hated themselves so much afterwards that they become very violent and take it out on you. (similar to that football player in that show Glee).

This again is just my 2 cents from my own experiences, I would be very careful with how this goes. Keeping my fingers crossed for you though.

---------- Post added 18th Dec 2013 at 09:16 PM ----------

I very much like this advice! OP, has this guy EVER demonstrated any kind of homophobia of any kind in the past?

15. link4816

I hate to be the Debby Downer here, but your story makes me suspicious. Does this guy know you are gay? If so, would he have any reason to lead you on to set you up in some kind of way? What strikes me is how forward he was: telling your other friends that he just wants to ride with you, hugging you with head on shoulder.... not very subtle. Obviously, keep looking into this, but don't get too emotionally invested just yet.

16. AnonymousForeve

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

I've never come out to anyone before, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's noticed. When I first met him a couple of years ago, I was extremely shy and awkward around him and I felt my face blush a lot. I've gotten a lot more comfortable around him, but I wasn't too good at hiding my feelings for him at first. The only reason no one noticed is because most straight people think that all gay men are girly and flamboyant, which allowed them to ignore my strange behavior around him (that, or they just didn't care).

I could actually make a list of suggestive things he's said to me, but I always wrote them off as him just joking around with me. He's given me pet names before and he's all around very touchy feely.

This is pretty much my worst fear and the biggest reason why I haven't tried coming out to him yet. I don't want to say much, but he's had a pretty rough life and a lot of things have gone wrong for him. Coming to terms with being gay is very hard by itself for most people, but putting that on top of half of the things he's been through... I don't think I would have had the strength to go on.

Considering the things you've said, I think it's probably best if I wait for him to say something to me. Trying to push him out could have some pretty negative consequences.

I can only think of a few instances where he's said homophobic things in the past and he usually said them in agreeance with someone else (as in, I don't recall him ever going out of his way to say something homophobic). We have a few lesbians in our circle of friends and we even occasionally hang out with this one gay guy, so I don't think he means the things he's said, regardless of what his sexuality might be.

I've known him for a somewhat long time now and I don't think he would ever do something like this. I don't think he'd ever try to deliberately hurt anyone for no reason. My fear is that he won't be able to deal with things. I remember reading a thread on this board once about a guy who confronted his friend about them having sex while they were drunk and his friend freaked out because he couldn't handle the fact that he liked him.

17. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Dude
    Just continue to do stuff with him, touch him back, encourage it subtly etc. Ease him into it. Odds are if he's into you he'll make a move.
    Equally you could outright ask him...

18. Thomas88

The Thickest Forest in the entire milky way
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning

Awwwwww, that's a cute thing he did :grin:

19. sammy1

I'm pretty sure that is quite common. Either he was pretending to be straight or he is bi. IMO

20. AnonymousForeve

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

How do you guys think I should try to hint that I like him? I don't want to do anything obvious, but pretending like I don't care won't solve much.