1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I talk to the guy I like over break?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lostlifeguard, Dec 19, 2013.

1. lostlifeguard

Ok, so I'm a college freshmen, and I just went home for christmas break (far away from the school I go to). Prior to leaving I had just starting hanging out with this guy (he's bi, and really cool, and really cute). We've hung out in group settings so far 3 times, and one of my friends was saying that it seems like he likes me too. My thing is, I'm not sure how to play it over break. It kind of sucks that things just stop for a month.

Should I text him and just chat over text? Or should I just not talk to him till I get back?

I think by texting him it would kind of be showing that I'm into him, but I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not. Common sense would say yes, but some people (like me for example) have a fucked up way of thinking about things and get less into a person if that person shows too much interest in them. On the other hand, our friendship is new enough that I'm worried it might fade away some if we don't talk at all over break. Opinions?
    And, if you think I should talk to him, what should I say?

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Give it a few days, like 4-6. Then maybe say like, "How's break going?" or something.

3. confused1234

Hey man, I can definitely relate to this problem. The guy I like went home for break earlier this week, and we won't be able to see each other for a while obviously. We're a little bit further along in that we've already gone on two dates, but the issue is essentially the same.

I'm probably going to text him occasionally over the next few weeks so he knows I'm still interested. But not every day or anything like that. I'll probably ask him if he's doing anything fun on the weekends, wish him a merry Christmas, and maybe chat about other random stuff that comes up. I don't want to suffocate him though haha.

I think you should definitely text him. If you're interested and he's maybe interested, don't let this opportunity slip away. Just don't overdue it. Good luck!

4. LD579

Talk to him about whatever you like ("How is your break going?"). That's what I'd suggest. =]

5. MMF

MMF

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I would want a friend of mine to talk to me over the break. :slight_smile: it just shows that you care.