1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to respond to someone staring at you?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lostlifeguard, Dec 19, 2013.

1. lostlifeguard

So, occasionally I notice a guy is staring at me, and I have no clue what to do. I'm in college, so I know a bunch of gay guys, and occasionally when we're hanging out in a group I'll notice that someone is just looking straight at me. I'm a pretty awkward person, so I never really know what to say or do in this situation. The first guy who it happened a lot with I just ignored that it was happening, and eventually he was drunk one time and he told me he liked me but I wasn't into him. I'm noticing the same thing happening with this other cute guy, but I awkwardly just looked back at him and was like "hey..." which I guess was kind of a weird reaction.
    What would you do in this situation?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Stare right the hell back at him and do your best Fonz impression. No more staring.

I mean unless you want him to do it, in which case don't do that!

3. Saint Otaku

If I see someone staring, I just give a big toothy grin and wave. ^.^

I think it makes them feel less like a creeper and makes me appear friendly and approachable, thus minimizing the awkwardness of both parties.

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Smiling is a simple first step, but if you really want to get to know a person, you're going to have to talk directly or have some contact.

I'm very shy as well, and it usually takes multiple "encounters" before I'm convinced what I saw was not a fluke.

5. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hate when people stare at me with passion. It just makes me nervous and awkward.

6. BlueLines

It makes me really uncomfortable when people stare at me, so normally I will just walk away if I can.

7. anonomous

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i keep staring at my crush and now she thinks that i fancy her. she is just so gorgeous though. how do i divert my eyes.