1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So my mom is now pissed at me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by AwesomGaytheist, Dec 19, 2013.

1. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My mom asked me why I can't stand my dad earlier and when I told her, she did nothing but make excuses for him and get mad at me for not wanting anything to do with him.

"If you walk away, you walk away from everything. Don't expect the money to come anymore and don't expect us to help you. I have no idea how you'd support yourself if you didn't have us and if you found employment, but if you think you can do it then fine. But it's not that easy to just walk away from your whole family because that's what you'd be doing."

That's kind of the intent, mom. I'm putting together a plan to get away from them and put myself through college. I'm so sick of the way they treat me and their attitude about the whole thing and I'm so sick of my dad's shit.

And yet last night I was actually thinking about leaving the door open just a crack to a relationship with my mom sometime down the road. If she's going to do nothing but make excuses and tell me that it's all my fault, then forget her. It's not going to be easy, but if there's a will, there's a way.

2. Lindsey23

Parents can be so irrational...I'm sorry you're going through it. I don't get why some people have to take an all or nothing attitude. Your mad at your dad so suddenly you have to walk away from your whole family? Doesn't make sense...

Good luck with all your plans! I'm sure you'll be happier once you're independent. :slight_smile: