1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homophobic Classmates Rant

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by LongMayIReign, Dec 19, 2013.

1. LongMayIReign

I need to rant. Preapologies.

I was in English today and the teacher left the room to grab papers from the copier. A cluster of four boys start discussing how they are going to get a teammate (who apparently is more out than I thought) pissed off so they can win a game or something. Anyways they start brainstorming how to do so and come up with the idea that they can call him a f*g and then tell him he's straight and lying. One boy even went on to say "He's such a f*ggy queer."

By that point I was ready to go all human rights on them and probably throw a punch if I could but I realized A) I am the quietest kid in the class and if I started shouting people would know B) it might slip that I do identify as queer and C) I'd probably be sent to the principal for interrupting class sanctity.

I was basically seething for the rest of the day. I have heard so much crap this year, including a substitute teacher joking about "being f*ggy" with a student. I hear slurs daily and it keeps getting worse and worse. They aren't directed at me but I can't help but feel hurt. I hate the fact that I'm always too wimpy and stay a bystander.

2. ba92

Out Status:
    A few people
    No apology needed, we all rant on this site.lol anyway, don't let the dumb shit get to you.

3. Wildfyre

Wildfyre Guest

People are ignorant arseholes at my school, too. I guess you just have to kind of grit your teeth and try to ignore it. Hope it gets better for you!

4. phoebe

no apologizes i think EVERYONE does their fair share of ranting on this site :slight_smile: this could go two ways: you could go stand up for gay rights and let the whole school know you identify as queer or you can ignore it and your sexual identify can remain a secret.

5. Rainbow Girl

Kids at my school are like that too. One of the main reasons I'm scared to come out.

6. Silver Sparrow

That's horrible. I hope your school gets better. DO you have any sort of GSA? Are there any school policies about discrimination?

7. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Our words today should be soft and sweet, for tomorrow we might have to eat them." Those douches are going to feel terrible once they grow up and come around to GSM acceptance. I said some of that crap when I was younger than they are, and it still stings. I can only imagine the hurt they will feel for keeping it up so long.

8. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just don't bother doing it yourself. Your time is precious and it is best to use wisely. You can report to an external Organisation and let them know about the human right situation at your school. Let them deal with it.

9. StripedSocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have the same problem. Classmates are using the words gay and etc as synonyms for something really bad and appalling... of course the teachers don't care, they do the same stuff. I have bunch of mean stories what teachers have said about homosexuality, really pisses me off.
    I'm also the quietest kid in class and it's difficult listening to that, I usually just give up and go home in the middle of the day. But it can't go on forever, I don't know the answer to how to deal with those ignorant people that we are forced to share a classroom with.

If you or anybody figures out how to deal with it for sure let us know...

Also I just watched The Geography Club movie and I really liked what they did, the were courageous people.

10. Avi123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    people are constantly throwing that word around at my school! I hear ya!

#10 Avi123, Dec 24, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  11. A Person

I have the same problem, but usually if someone talking to or near me says something like that I will mock them about how inaccurate it is to call something homosexual because it makes no sense as an insult. I'm also soft spoken and don't like to draw attention so I'm more of a clever words guy when it comes to arguments :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: feel free to friend me if you need to rant again :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. Lipstick Leuger

My youngest came out at school for Bisexual Pride day. She has many LGBT friends and supportive straight friends so it was not too traumatic. However, there was this one boy in art class(like there is NO other gay person in ART class LOL) that was calling her a Faggot every time she walked past his desk. Finally, she got PO'd and looked straight at him and said loudly "no one really cares that you are one ya know, so you don't need to announce it" he turned bright red and never said anything after that.