1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i am scared

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by phoebe, Dec 20, 2013.

1. phoebe

i am a lesbian and i am totally cool with that i mean being in relationships with girls and all that; cool, i mean i am who i am right? i used to sit and wonder 3 years ago yep i am going to marry a guy and have some kids and we will be a happy,happy family.
    Now i picture myself falling in love with the perfect girl but i feel weird about marrying one. i mean its because its a new concept for me. a couple of years ago in was illegal in nearly all country s and states. And i mean i know i am young but i am scared. what if i not accepted? no family?no friends? all because i am gay. no one even turning up to the wedding i dream but fear.
    i am scared.

2. SongshiQuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think as you have more relationships with other women, the idea of marriage will start to click more with you. Personally, marriage(to any gender) was kind of abstract to me until I met the man I wanted to marry. When you meet this person, I think you'll be able to picture marrying them :slight_smile:. As for being scared of losing friends and family, well we all know what that fear is like. I won't lie to you, I lost a couple friends and had some family troubles. However, the vast majority of people have been supportive and accepting. Sometimes family members need time to adjust and any friend who has a problem was never a true friend in the first place. So it is scary, I know, but being out has given me the opportunity to strengthen my true friendships and to make great new ones. It also let me be genuine and thus genuinely happy. I don't know your situation, but I believe if you're true to yourself then the other pieces will fall into place eventually.