1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to survive family

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Andstillimhere7, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Winter break began and I'm already fed up with my family. Here what I'm dealing with my brother who is a freaking sissy who whines about every little thing and is obnoxious. My second brother who is a complete idiot and loser and I wish that he was gone, my sister who is a cry baby and my other sister who is also a crybaby and lazy. There is a lot of screaming and crying in my family and I can't go anywhere because I just can't. My mom is constantly nagging because of those a**holes and I can't take it. My main conflict is my brother who is a smarta** and won't shut up, he mean, vengeful, wannabe, think he is cool he is the one who makes me mad. Any suggestions? I can't have peace and quiet.

2. leer

do you even try and get along with any of them .

3. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I do except that in the end it blows up

4. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know what its like to have a crazy annoying sister and a nagging mother but luckily I only have one sibling , I feel for you.

Usually when I can't stand them, I just put my headphones in and blast some music, or go outside and shoot hoops although its too cold to do that this time of year

5. Jessicarose127

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Just stay out of the drama. lol Your brother is an idiot? Don't remind him. He will realize it one day. Usually when my brother is being irrational or ridiculous I ignore him and don't give his behavior attention because even though I know he is being stupid, he doesn't and there for will not be receptive to criticism or objective judgement. Although if he is just being a snot just to feel better about himself I recommend humiliating him by calling him out or beating him up to subdue him; both of these together are super affective. If you use both and your point is proven be sure to give them some time alone to process the beat down and talking to you give them. hahahaha

#5 Jessicarose127, Dec 20, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  6. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I know I'm kinda being harsh with my siblings, but one of my brothers is a racist, wannabe, discriminative against religion, homosexuality, smart people, weak things. There is a reason why I hate him.

7. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The best thing to do is not to berate or attack them, but to question them about the reasoning behind what they say or do. Don't let them see you angry at them, that only serves to either make them angry or show them that what they are doing is working. I have a brother similar to yours. The trick that works for me is to be indifferent to what he says, not to let it get to me and just question, in an academic manner, about what he is saying and what he is saying it. Try to get to the root of what is causing this behavior and think up a way as to how you can get him to change it on his own. It's not an imediate process, but over time it should show results.

As for your original question, try to get as much as alone time as possible. I would even go as far as to volunteer to take out the trash or go get groceries. Whatever can get you away from people long enough to calm down.