1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm in love with my straight best friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Roxy Bi Guy, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Roxy Bi Guy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    OK, so here's the issue: I've been friends with my friend Gavin since 3rd grade, and I've always thought of him as just a good friend. But lately (past year or so) I realized that I'm super in love with him. Also, I've started having dreams about him that aren't exactly "just friends" kinds of dreams. He also says he likes someone, and he's straight, so that's not making it any better. :evil: Any advice? I don't see him that often, so I've tried putting him out of my mind, but then when I do see him it just comes back. I don't wanna ruin our friendship by making him uncomfortable, but I can't just ignore it either. Suggestions?:evil:

2. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How bad is it? Is it always on your mind or is it just these occasional dreams?
    If it's constantly bothering you, you might consider telling him (if he's not a homophobe). You might need to ease him into it and just say that you hope it won't affect the friendship and that you understand he won't reciprocate the feelings. And yes, he will probably end up saying that he can't return the feelings, but it might help you emotionally to get past being hung up on him.

good luck :slight_smile:
    (*hug*)

3. Roxy Bi Guy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So, these dreams are getting to the point where it's almost every night. Also, he's on my mind anyway, but it gets so much worse whenever I see him. And thanks, for the advice, I think I might just do that. Go up to him, say I don't intend to hit on him or anything, etc. Thanks a ton for the advice. He's coming over at some point today, so I hope it goes well. Thanks a ton!

4. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No problem
    Post back and let me know how it went :slight_smile:

5. Roxy Bi Guy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I couldn't do it. I was too scared of losing his friendship. I'll try next time, maybe when there's other friends there so I'm not alone with my feelings. T_T

6. YFerns

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey.
    I am going through the same situation here. Let me know how it goes when you tell him, okay?

7. Roxy Bi Guy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Alright, I will