1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two guys hanging out

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by method, Dec 21, 2013.

1. method

I think I know the answer but I'd definitely appreciate second opinions and maybe some tips to get over the awkwardness, but what do you think about two guys hanging out as friends (platonically, of course).

I met another male friend through a mutual mate and we hit it off. He seems like a great dude and we both agreed we should catch up again. I'm not sure what activity we should do, and if it would be faux pas to invite another friend to come along, so that it's not just us two.

Argh this is doing my head in. I just haven't made new friends in a long time. I'm sure I'm overthinking this.

2. Kreiger

Movies are a good buffer if you don't know a person well. You don't run the risk of running out of chit chat compared to other activities, and you can get a pretty good sense of a person based on how they liked a movie.

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm with Kreiger, movies are a beautiful way of dealing with things like this. A couple of hours were you spend time together but don't have to think of anything to say, then all the time in the world to talk about what you just saw afterwards...it's like the perfect friend machine...

4. method

Thanks! Yeah, that does make sense.

I was also thinking of doing something physical, like snowboarding or indoor rock climbing.

Ugh my head hurts from all this thinking. Just don't wanna screw things up :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Those work too, I mean as long as you have something to take away the potential for the awkward silence

6. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe grab a beer at a bar or something?