1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If this is misplaced I apologize :p

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Simple Thoughts, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Simple Thoughts

I wasn't really sure where to put this, but I do have something I'd really more like to talk about than particularly need advice about.

I don't really super get along with my dad. I think he cares about me, but he definitely sucks at showing it.

When I was 15, he found out I was bi and that made for a terrible teenage experience for me. I pretty much spent from then until just recently in a depression. He was like a crummy parental figure about this.

His first brilliant idea was to have a 'talk' with me. This talk was him reading about why being gay was wrong in the bible, and how it would lead to bestiality and w/e else. Then while our cat was running around the room he lifted up its tail and asked if that turned me on. Which was pretty degrading and not cool -.-'

At another point I remember he asked me if I'd ever been raped...I was just like what the ****!?

Then he kicked me out of his house at one point ( only for like a day, but still ) he told me to call my mom and have her come get me. He sat beside me as I went to call her reminding me that I hadn't told her I was bi, and telling me it was because I was ashamed of it like I should be because it's wrong. I guess from other stories I've heard annoying problems like this aren't uncommon.

I've never really had it in me to talk openly to people about this kind of thing unless I'm protected by a computer screen. I even came out over Facebook, cause I'm pathetic like that.

He had a very nice comment on my Facebook, actually supportive...which pretty well blew my mind. That is until I remembered it was on the internet and he probably only said something nice to save face.

So basically, he says he cares. From experience, he hates everything about me. That's all...I didn't really have a point for this, I guess I just wanted to lay it all out for my own sake.

Hope you enjoy this heart-warming read :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Kreiger

Your dad sounds pretty ignorant and judgmental, but he sounds more misguided than just plain awful. I don't know the man, but it sounds like while he has some severe issues to sort out with the gay community. He probably does care for you though, he wouldn't bother interacting with you otherwise. Sorry you've got to deal with that, and I hope he comes around eventually.

3. Simple Thoughts

He's come around in a way. That's more or less mostly past stuff.

He is a right-winger though :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

If I ever got a boyfriend I'd have to swing by my dad's place just to mess with him though lol

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What a crude ass! Though, I can't complain because my dad would probably say similar things (he has a habit of making everyone uncomfortable and embarrassing either me or my mom in front of others). The thing is to call him out on his rudeness. That's what I do, no matter who is listening.

5. Simple Thoughts

I do anymore. I mean he doesn't say anti-gay stuff anymore, but he's not really encouraging either.

Now a days it's about him telling me why I suck as a person, then I figure out a direction for my life and he proceeds to tell me why if I'm not working for a corporation I'm wasting my time. I guess we're all supposed to just be slaves and forget the whole concept of 'innovation'. Also, you get no respect working at Walmart, that's not a 'real job'.

I'd love to invent something. Me and my brother have a few ideas, but we don't have the money to fund a project -.-'

6. scanner007

Posted by Simple Thoughts:
    Kickstarter

If you really wanna make anything happen. Look at some of the things people have thrown money at on that site to make someone else's dreams come true. No reason it can't be you too. Some of the projects on that site go over 1,000,000, and some just ask for a few hundred bucks for some art supplies for some kids to do a community project. If you need your innovation and invention funded, thats your ticket.

Sorry to hear about your dad, I've been seeing a lot of that and even kinda venting personally myself in some of the advice I give. 'tis the season right? LoL the holiday season has kinda got me drained as well. If I didn't have to work on Christmas, I'd be home all day safely tucked away from all the "good cheer". Bah humbug! lol

7. Simple Thoughts

I'll have to look into that. We're really just hoping right now that my brother's book gets published so that we can use whatever bit of money we get off of it to start work on making an app RPG. After that we've got a few more projects I'd love to see completed, but you got to take life one step at a time xD

It's cool. I really mainly left this here to vent. I'm glad people cared enough to comment though. I've told that story on other LGBT sites and people didn't even bother to acknowledge it...these days I wouldn't care, but back then I was really just desperate for at least one person to care...I never really got that, but oh well. I managed to do enough caring for myself, screw everyone else. They all suck anyways, I'm starting to learn that being a crappy person is part of the human condition.