1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I talk to my mom's friends?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Kumiho, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Kumiho

My mom has a couple friends who have known me since I was very young. One is a lesbian, the other is a gay man. I don't feel comfortable talking to my mom, but I've often wondered if I should reach out to these two family friends. That maybe they can help me or at least point me in a direction. The thing is I'm afraid I'd be bothering them, or that they aren't going to want to talk to me.
    Thoughts?

2. Sarene

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    MMM..I think that you SHOULD try to reach out to them for advice or some support, but don't overdo it... I mean, I do not know them, so I don'r know how they might react, maybe they will wanna become some sort of mentor..but don't expect that from them. If you see that they don't seem interested, or just might not want that relationship, then don't insist... reaching out to them wouldn't be a bad thing, but insisting would. :slight_smile: