1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am i mean?? it's annoying thoughh

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Scarlet V, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Scarlet V

Out Status:
    Some people
    this boy keeps annoying me, he keeps telling me how he loves me but he says he loves someone new every week... sometimes it's even as frequent as each day...
    he says he doesn't really love them he's just trying o get over me but if he is trying to get over me then why won't he stop convincing himself he loves me and stop expressing it??

he already knows i like girls so that doesn't work... so just now as he was going on about how he is in love with me and wishes i could feel the same i was like yeah i know what you mean... and i sent a whole paragraph about this girl i like :grin: all he replied was 'lol xx' and was quiet for a few minutes ahah was that mean? also, if he carries on how can i make him go away without being too mean? pleasee

2. Sarene

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha! I personally don't think it is mean, as you had already expressed that you weren't interested and he kept going on about it ! I think it's a great way of saying "Listen, you are really nice but we're clearly not a match"

As of how to make him "go away", maybe now I'm being mean but I would say, "Listen, I am not interested in pursuing a romantic relationship with you, or with any guy actually, so I would like you to stop. You are entitled to your feelings but it makes me uncomfortable when you keep expressing them and makes me want to go away, even as a friend. " If he still doesn't understand, I would personally stop talking to him for a while so he understands you are serious. But that is just me, maybe you will find that too harsh .

3. hitgirl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When he brings it up:

"Can we change the subject please?"

OR:

"Would you mind not talking about romantic feelings any more because it makes things awkward and I really don't want to ruin our friendship."

If that doesn't work:

"I really want us to be friends, but it makes it awkward when you keep talking about love and stuff. Maybe we should have a break from seeing each other till you feel better."

If that doesn't work:

"Please can you stop talking about romantic feelings."

If that doesn't work:

"I'm going to have to stop spending time with you for a while because this is too awkward."

Remember - you don't owe this boy anything. It's not your fault he feels this way. It's nice that you want to be nice to him, but it's okay to assert yourself, especially if he is too persistent. And ultimately, he will get over it, even if you do say something mean - he's not gonna still love you in a year's time, for example.

#3 hitgirl, Dec 22, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mean would be "Now listen here you repulsive little piss-lizard, I don't like you. I don't like your face. I don't like your voice. I don't like your name. You appearance resembles the theoretical offspring of a baboon and a turkey. Take your feelings and reapply them to someone who dwells within the deep, dark shabby hole you crawled out of this morning and leave me alone".

There's nothing mean about you telling someone you're not interested, no matter how keen they are.