1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Developing feelings for her

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Lifesbegun, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Lifesbegun

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Over the past few months Myself and a lady I work with have become quite good friends. We have been talking online more and more, and have shared some quite intimate information. It has always been a little flirty, and good banter.
    Over the last month it has become quite intense, we message everyday, many times, sometimes daily routine stuff, sometimes flirting, and also some that I would perhaps call 'dirty flirty'....and it's been real fun!

We are both single, lesbians, she is completely out, I'm out to a few people. I have been out to her for a couple of months, and she has been brilliant with me...She has been open from the start that it is fun, but she states that she wants to be on her own, and isn't after a relationship. She has had some crap experiences, and I wonder if she has just put up a defence with the whole relationship thing?
    About 3 weeks ago she asked me if our flirting was playing with my emotions, as she didn't want to spoil out friendship ( we have truly only become good friends over the last few months anyway). At the time it wasn't, but I said I would tell her if it did.
    It has been so intense over the last month that this has now changed for me and I am thinking about her a lot. The trouble is that she is getting into my head now, and whilst we are definitely having fun, I am developing deeper feelings for her. I can talk openly with her, I just aren't sure what I'm going to say....

My questions, I suppose are....do you think that someone can be this intense without having feelings that they may want to take further.... I guess I am at the point where we need to see if we can take it anywhere, or back off and be good friends.
    Do you all agree that friends don't talk several times a day, every day?
    In a recent text she stated that "this isn't going anywhere really is it"....I took it as a statement, but now I'm not sure if it was a question....
    Any advice please.....