1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush on bi best friend?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by p0cketchange, Dec 22, 2013.

1. p0cketchange

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I kinda already posted this, but i only got one response and i really need help..

So I have known my best friend for a year and a half, ever since eighth grade. I've been doubting my sexuality for A long time and only realized I was a lesbian in October. In September my friend told me that she thought she was bi and i came up with the courage to tell her that i was pretty sure i was gay. Ever since then we've stuck together and tried to help each other figure everything out. Even at this point i'm still the only one who knows about her (she wants to come out but her parents are extremely homophobic). After we told each other we were still really close, hugging a lot, saying "i love you" a lot, sleeping with our heads in each other's laps. And a little while ago, when we were talking about coming out, she suggested that we pretend we're dating to make the process easier. And i think that i really have a crush on her (i wouldn't really know, considering i'm 15 and have never really had a crush on anyone before) and i've been wondering if she feels the same. But i wish i could know for sure. I imagine us dating and kissing and all of the cutesy stuff couples do. And i've always wanted to kiss a girl (you have no idea how much i regret my first kiss being a boy) and im just not sure how i feel, or how she feels or anything anymore... and i've been really depressed for a while about this and it's pushing us apart. I just want to know something for sure... She has been in florida with another friend for four days now and i miss her so much. I can't even look at a picture of her without feeling sick and sad and confused...anything you can say would be a big help.

#1 p0cketchange, Dec 22, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  2. StephenSC

I'm not great with these things, I've never been in a relationship so have no actual experience. I hope someone else with more experience and insight into such things can give you some advice. From the information given there are two main courses I'd consider.

Either sit back and see where things lead in time. Maybe your feelings will grow or change in a way you have more clarity of what you should do. Or perhaps she will show a greater interest in you or give you a chance to bring up your thoughts in a non-confrontational and honest manner.

Alternatively, take a chance and just let her know that you have an interest in trying to pursue a relationship with her, obviously slowly. I'd just take care to avoid ruining a friendship that is likely very important to her, if your the only person she has to talk to about these things that's a big thing. I'd make it clear that either way you want to remain friends.

Whatever you decided I suggest you take things one step at a time and trust your instincts. Good luck with whatever you decide.

all paths likes this.