1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush on close friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by YFerns, Dec 23, 2013.

1. YFerns

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know this has probably come up a lot. Yet, I feel the need for a more personalised advice.
    My friend (let's call him B1) and I met two years ago. We became normal friends till the end of last year, until I realised that I have deep feelings for him.
    I tried my best to get close to him. And dare I say my efforts worked? We grew to be very close friends sion enough, at least till the boundaries of best friends boys nowadays achieve. He talks to me loads, and I just listen. His eyes always capture my attention, and that really gets me blushing.
    Lately however, our classmates started making jokes about us being gay and stuff. He told me he didn't take it to heart, but his behavior since has me thinking otherwise. He has changed his seat to sit much away from me, and closer to the gang of boys that used to make fun of us. He even stopped talking to me, drastically, right down to casual greetings. My other close friends are asking if we fought or something: the damage is that noticeable.
    It doesn't help that I stare at him during class. At least when I am elsewhere, it takes a lot of effort to get him out of my mind, but at least it is possible then. But when I am in class........
    I asked him once, online, what was his perception on the LGBTQ section of the society. He said he is slightly tolerant, but if they are too feminine(the boys), then he would ignore him. But I believe (and so do some of my friends) that I am too flamboyant for a boy, which makes me confused as to why didn't he avoid me from the beginning.
    Also, I asked him what would he do if a gay boy confessed to him. He said he would ignore him for the rest of his life......
    I need :help:

2. anonomous

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    if he dosent exept u for who u r then he shouldnt be your frend. face it: he practily hates u, im really sorry for u. u have made me cry now.

3. man dolen

He's a dick. You'd better forget about him, and find new friend. But there is still a low chance that he's gay, and he just can't accept fact that he likes you.

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Are you still in Oman? It could be the social and religious pressures that are causing the sudden change in attitude.

5. YFerns

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Believe me. I tried ignoring him and stuff. But I can't. It's become a part of me to be with him. Friends or otherwise.

---------- Post added 24th Dec 2013 at 08:21 PM ----------

That's the problem. I CANT FORGET HIM

---------- Post added 24th Dec 2013 at 08:22 PM ----------

I think you may be right. Peer pressure, at the very least.