1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is he just REALLY nice or is it a little more?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Equalist, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Equalist

Equalist Guest

Hello everybody. I haven't been on here in a long time, so it's good to be back.

So, I started my first year of college in August. I live in one of the dorms, and it is coed, so I'm with guys and girls on the same floor. There is a guy on my floor that I somewhat like. I remember when I first met him, I did not like him at all. I made it my duty to avoid him for the first week or two, but that gradually changed. After getting to know everybody I lived with over the course of a few weeks, I realized that he is a genuinely nice and caring guy. Everybody that knows him essentially likes him and thinks highly of him; I have yet to hear anything negatively said about him. So yeah, I obviously think much differently of him now, so I'll go into detail now.

I would say the main thing that got us to really spend time with each other is playing pool. It's just one of those things where if either of us ever feels like playing a game, we'll both be up for it. I've know him for about four months now, and this probably started around the beginning of October. Ever since we started this, we've both been a little more comfortable talking to each other and whatnot when ever we see each other. Not that we were uncomfortable before, but you could say it brought us a little closer I guess. He's a pretty touchy person; he gives hugs somewhat often (mostly to girls on the floor). He has no problem giving hugs to his guy friends though either, he just won't do it nearly as often. In general, he's just a very caring guy, and it shows.

Ever since we've been spending a bit more time with each other, he's been more caring towards me, as I've been (or at least try) towards him. We also help each other on homework sometimes, so I guess that gives us something else to be thankful for in our friendship. It's some of the little things that he does that I really like and I hope he likes, haha. For example, he'll randomly just rest his head on my shoulder and ask what I'm doing. Sometimes, we'll just hug before one of us goes to bed. Little things like these make me like him even more, and they happen somewhat often. Of all the guys we live with, I think he's definitely touchiest with me. He's also pretty touchy when he's drunk, however, it's really hard for me to tell when he's drunk. He'll tell me he's drunk after I've been with him for over an hour and I won't even realize it. Probably the "gayest" thing that's happened was when he was drunk, or at least tipsy (honestly, he really didn't seem too intoxicated). Out of nowhere, he just came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me and rested his head on my shoulder and just stayed there, and then he actually kissed the back of my neck until somebody called him out on it. I like the guy, so I let it happen. I actually didn't know he was kissing me, I thought it was just his face touching me. He hugged me for a significant amount of time later that night as well. It didn't affect our friendship in anyway though, which is good. He's still just as touchy with me, haha. We've actually somewhat cuddled on the couch before. I was just sitting on one end and a friend of our's (female) was on the other end, and he sat down in between us, and they were going to look at something online. I don't even know what I was doing, but she scooted closer to him, and he just invited me to get closer as well, and he put his arm around me as I leaned against him. That lasted for quite some time. And of course, we exchanged some very nice hugs before heading home for the holidays.

As great as this all is, he still identifies as straight, and I don't really question him. He's had a girlfriend, he's definitely had sex with girls, and he'll occasionally comment on the attractiveness of a girl. I don't even know if I really have a crush on him, but I definitely care about him a lot. So much that I'm afraid of being touchy with him sometimes because I don't want to jeopardize our friendship. I just don't know what to think of it all. He doesn't know I'm gay, although I wouldn't be surprised if he suspected it. I'm not out to anybody, but I'm also not lying either; I tend to just avoid the topic altogether. However, for a straight guy, he seems VERY friendly towards me, and I've never met anybody like him before, which is partially why I like him so much.

What do you guys think? Do you guys think he's just really friendly and shows it, or do you think it may be something a little more than that?

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Is he homophobic? It sounds like coming out to him would help him be more conscious of his actions toward you, and it would also help you know if this is just a bromance or something more.

3. Equalist

Equalist Guest

He is not homophobic. In fact, he has been quite vocal about how stupid he thinks homophobia is.