1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Argg i hate people.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BleachedHair, Dec 24, 2013.

1. BleachedHair

BleachedHair Guest

All of them....
    Well most.. It would be wrong to say I don't like someeeee. People.... Anyways I was sitting with my friend s at school... There is this one kid who sits at the table that I don't really like.. So I grab a girls pink pair of glasses sitting next to her and put them on... No reason just joking around.. So this kid that I don't like let's call him joe says: why are you wearing those. And I say why not.. And he says they make me look gay... Now all the other people sitting at the table know I'm gay joe doesn't. They also know that I get super pissed of at homophobes. So joe has stepped in a pile if metaphorical shit. So I say... Joe.. I am gay GOTta problem with that. And then... He says sorry sorry I didn't know. Why does that make it ok?

My point people are stupid
    :***:

2. Caitlin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know what Joe said wasn't right at all, but it sounds like he was trying to joke around too, and never really meant to be offensive?
    At least he said sorry after, that doesn't make it right but at least he's good enough to apologise.

There will always be people who say homophobic words/phrases without really meaning to be offensive, which is unfortunate, but at least not everyone is bad.

#2 Caitlin, Dec 24, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  3. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think he meant TOO much harm...
    I mean.... he implied that the stereotype or image or whatever isn't ok... but he didn't go around saying "fags are evil" or something equivalent...

But I'm sorry people can be a pain sometimes... :frowning2:

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, he didn't seem to be deliberately being hateful and apologized. You have to remember that people are not born homophobic. They get that from others, including people they look up to like parents. As Nelson Mandela said, if people can learn to hate, they can be taught to love.

That said, you replied well. Who knows, maybe this guy will be more understanding in other situations.

5. anonomous

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i think that was really good of you to say that. he meant no harm. forgive him.