1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to let someone know you like them without letting them know

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Castlekidd, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Castlekidd

Castlekidd Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I've come out to two people total in the last 3weeks. I came out because I thought I might like this guy who was gay and now I do. First off I'm struggling to tell if he likes me because I think I'm looking for signs and exaggerating them in my head because I want him to like me. Secondly how do I let him know I like him without ruining the friendship and other people finding out I like him (I'm at an all boys school and I'm not ready for the banter yet even if it is cowardly of me).
    So looking for impartial advice on the first bit and general tips for the second part.
    Reasons why I think he likes me:
    1) whenever I mention him talking I girls etc. he always rushes to assure me he is gay but around other people he seems to play along with it
    2)he searched all my text to close friends and when I went to check his he blushed and deleted specific ones(like not whole convos)
    3)since he's found out about me he's started looking for me round school etc
    4)when I called him on "."s in his texts he assured me "it doesn't mean I don't want to talk to you"
    5) I spent like the last 3days before my holiday with him and at one point we lay there for a couple of hours talking
    6) he also talks to me more than the other guys and laughs at my jokes hard, even the s**t ones:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    HOWEVER I told him pretty much as soon as I started hanging with him so don't know if this is how he would act normally or if he does infact like me, thoughts? I can give more evidence for and against if needed but didn't want to spam you guys.
    Secondly I can't let him know I like him in an obvious way because he might panic and tell other people equally if he does like me he may recognise that I need someone to help me come out and doesn't want to scare me from it by making a move...so how do I give subtle indicators? Before I accepted myself as gay I was talking to girls which is arguably more easy cus it's an accepted thing you can get advice on but atm I feel isolated and completely inexperianced(because I am).
    Any thoughts would be appreciated even if its not what I want to hear...
    Edit: also worth mentioning he's out of my league looks wise?

2. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey
    First of all, it's a good thing that you've found someone who is gay that you like. It's much better than falling for straight people...
    It's hard to tell if he likes you from just that. So he knows you're gay. My advice would be to just continue to be friends with him for a while. It sounds like you're already pretty close... just keep doing stuff together and get even closer :slight_smile:
    Then you can either subtly flirt with him... or just tell him that you like him....
    If you're really worried about telling him, just start by saying you want to be friends with him no matter what and you don't want to put any pressure on him.

About looks... haha
    How good looking is he? :grin:
    I'm sure you're not too bad yourself :slight_smile:

3. Castlekidd

Castlekidd Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for the fast response:slight_smile:
    Yeh I know I make a conscious effort not to like straight guys after the last time:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    But I'm sooooo impatient! Haha I want to let him know before New Years, like we talk loads and I think it's flirty banter butt as I said I have no idea how to flirt:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Yeh that sounds like a good idea, I am worried about pressuring him:/ if he only wante to be mates I would be a bit shot down but would be ok with it hence why I want to let him know early before my feelings develop further
    Might start sending a few "x"s
    I think he's good looking but I find attractive things in people I like, he's got this whole like arty thing that I love so anything about him I kind of relate to that and little things like hair or smile... im Not ugly and have had a fair amount of attention from pretty girls but Im not my type and I dunno what other gay guy find attractive and I'm not chiselled but not chubby...it's difficult to judge myself:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, if you'd like to tell him, by all means go ahead :slight_smile:
    I think you two are close enough for it to be not-awkward

5. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you two are the only gay guys out at your school and/or you are the only gay guy he hangs out with then yes he defnitely wants you.

6. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't think to much about looks. Ironically, some good-looking people are lonelier because their appearance is intimidating. Confidence will help a lot.

Try to show you like him by giving specific compliments or other things the only you would know he enjoys. If he's artsy, you could ask him to do a portrait of you.

7. Castlekidd

Castlekidd Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Haha that's what I wanted to hear Robert :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Cheers resu I will definitely use your advice and keep you guys updated if you have the time:slight_smile: