1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

when will she accept me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MerBear, Dec 24, 2013.

1. MerBear

My sister of course went after me today by saying "daddy said you had a crush on a guy"
    when she knows, that i don't have a crush on a guy and that i have a girlfriend. she doesn't believe i like girls still and as much as i would like to defend my claim, its hard to because most of my life, i would tell her about these cute boys and stuff and i dated guys and stuff and now, i come out as gay to her and she just doesn't believe me and she thinks, the only reason...im dating my girlfriend is because, im desperate and she keeps saying, im only going through a phase and every single time, she asks me a question about my sexuality or something to do with it...I choke up and i avoid it. it makes me uncomfortable to talk about and im just not really open about my sexuality, i'm pretty insecure about myself...i guess you could say but she wont stop with the antagonizing and i feel pressured and closed in and i just don't know what to say to her anymore....

i dont know if she will ever accept me or believe me for that matter

2. MerBear

awkward 0_o

3. emkorora

emkorora Guest

I don't know the relationship with your sister but sounds like you two used to be quite a pair. Perhaps she might be more thoughtful if you told her your feelings-- insecurities and such.

I dunno. If she is truly uncompromising and continues to pester you, then maybe spending time with someone else has come. Not end all contact with your sister, but spend more time with someone who is more supportive of any sexuality you have.

4. Aldrick

Obviously, in a perfect world your sister would stand behind you 100% and be completely supportive; however right now that isn't the case.

So, why do you feel that you even need to justify your sexuality to your sister? Is her opinion going to influence you one way or another, and if so why would it?

To me the bigger question here isn't when your sister will accept it, but what do you have to do to get 100% comfortable with it?

5. KathrynEWyant

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Please don't avoid to talk about sexuality I know you feel uncomfortable but you have to talk about it....She ll trust you....

6. MerBear

i dont know. i have a girlfriend but i just can't talk about my sexuality to her because she never believes me and so it puts a choke hold on me because my sexuality is hard to be open about in the first place