1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was this a good way to start a friendship with another guy?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Rasengan, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Rasengan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey everyone. It's now the middle of my school year and i must say I've been really proud of myself coming out to everyone (family,friends,like everyone lol) and it's been great because I've been asked out a few times and people think im brave and have allot of respect for me so yeah things are going good. Anyway this guy I like i decided after just 1 month of doing nothing but thinking about talking to him i decided i would try. This guy we will call him "K" Is really into trucks and kind of a country guy so the other day he posted on Instagram a picture of a truck asking if he knew where he could purchase a pre runner bumper for his own. So i replied and asked him if he ever considerd building his own. But he never replied and a few days later deleted the picture. So i messaged him about a week later which was yesterday and said this "I meant to tell you about a week ago but i forgot. If your still looking to buy that prerunner you can gettem from here [Put link to website] they usually run from bout 1000-1500$ depending on the size/year of your pickup, but they are sweet." He read the message the next morning but never replied and hes kinda been on all day so i don't know why he is ignoring me. We have never spoken before and these were my only attempts to try talking to him. Im pretty sure hes straight so maybe he doesn't want to be my friend cause im gay? If he even knows that. I'm not going to attempt to say anything else to him because i don't want to seem desperate or clingy so if he doesn't reply then what? It's kinda taking over my life just checking facebook 38558234 times a day to see if he said anything. Any advice? Also in the mornings at school he always looks at me in the hall whe hes at his locker like dead in the eyes. I don't know if it's because he hates me or what his deal is. He still continues to have me as a friend on facebook so if he really did hate me he would probably remove me right? Ugh

#1 Rasengan, Dec 24, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You can throw the lure, but you can't make the fish bite. Also, sometimes people act different through digital means vs. face-to-face contact.

I'm friends with a guy who I suspected was gay when I first saw him and later worked closely with for a few months. He was a hardcore mountain biker and very athletic, but his eye contact made me suspicious, especially when he added me as a friend on FB. I thought this was very promising, but later he never responded to two private messages about tame subjects like you mentioned, even though he acts kind of friendly to me if I randomly see him.

One time I saw him on the bus, I realized he wasn't really reciprocating with me. I had tried to keep the conversation going by asking questions about his plans for fall break, while he never asked anything about me. So, I got fed up and just stopped talking halfway through the bus trip. I knew he was still observing me, but my memory of him not answering my FB messages left a bad taste in my mouth. In the end, I decided it was best to try and friendzone him, but it's hard.