1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can closeted (bi/gay) guys be as touchy feely as straight guys?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by unknownjourney, Dec 26, 2013.

1. unknownjourney

As you all know , straight guys can be very touchy feely... probably more than gay people. So Can closeted gay/bi guys be as touchy feely as this? like as in so natural for them to do it ? very 'bromance' type of thing? I was just wondering..

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes. Being in the closet can go from completely "straight acting" to someone who fits all the stereotypes except the label. I think a lot of it has to do with their personality (I don't like touching in general) and sometimes how comfortable they feel.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My experience doesn't match yours, and I don't think you can generalize.

I know lots of straight guys who are very "huggy", but I know many gay guys, including some when they were closeted, who are also very "huggy." I don't think you can make any inference on sexual orientation based on that.

4. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Paradoxally, even though I consciously avoided those situations in the past, I tend to now be somewhat more "huggy" with my close guy friends than before I came out to them (and btw I'd say it's 50-50 as to who initiates the hug). So, it's possible that other people while in the closet will limit their physical contact with others, because they may think, as I did, that it would give away their big secret. There's a lot of "natural" stuff that gets held back/adjusted when you're trying to hide your orientation.