1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mixed signals from my mom.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by SpitfireXSoarin, Dec 26, 2013.

1. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My mom has actively blocked my transition and expressed her distaste for my accepting myself as transgender. She used to yell at me for shaving my body and tell me hurtful things. For my birthday she got me mens clothing but suprised me with a NoNo hair device. I cant really tell with the clothes but do you think shes beginning to accept me? :confused:

2. Gen

Gen

It sounds as though she is trying. She might not be ready to see you in complete transition or women's clothing, but she is probably trying to adjust to things one step at a time, starting with your shaving in this case.

3. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She was kinda reluctant to give it to me and its the first thing she's been nice about with me as far as how I feel. Should I sit her down and talk to her again? How should I approach it? Should I give her space? I'm not shure if she was having second thoughts or what. She didn't wrap it and said I probably didn't want it and that she could return it. Everything is just so confusing with her.

4. Gen

Gen

I think you should just give her a bit of space. It seems as though she was initially shocked and uncomfortable with the idea of your transitioning, but she is trying to take steps to become more accepting and supportive of it. She clearly bought you the device because she knew that shaving was something that made you feel more comfortable. While she was previously trying to convince you to stop, she likely wants to come to peace with things.

5. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok. Ill let her have some time and space and hopefully shell come to terms with it. Thanks for the advice!