1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to talk to girls?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by HermioneGaynger, Dec 27, 2013.

1. So I met this girl and she seems pretty chill, but me about as smooth with the ladies and a brain dead platypus, we didn't speak much. We have the same hobbies and like the same music and I found out she is bisexual (whoop whoop :eusa_danc) She's starting at my school next semester and I'm scared I won't have the courage to talk to her, much less ask her out (fingers crossed). What do I do!? :shrug:

2. Wildfyre

Wildfyre Guest

Maybe get her phone number, and the two of you could text for a bit before school starts, just to establish a base ground with her? Are you seeing her again before your next semester?

3. No, but we're friends on Facebook. How do I message her without seeming like a creep?

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Challenge. Send me a wall message on here without sounding like a creep, then do the same thing. You've got no info on me other than that which I've provided so it's a similar situation, except it doesn't make much difference what I think because you don't want to date me! Practice makes perfect, give it a go!

EDIT: Just say whatever comes out of your head, I don't care if you sound creepy but at least it will give us an idea of where to start! Don't overthink it! :slight_smile:

5. Foster

I'm having the same issue :rolle: Just try to talk to her and be yourself, and try not to worry about what she'll think. If it's meant to be it'll happen. A good way to start a conversation is to just say "Hi :slight_smile:". It's really that simple :grin:

6. nikidion

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You probably won't have courage because you want to date her, right? Don't overthink it. Just think about her as a possible friend. Tell her that you've noticed that both of you have similar interests and you'd like to be friends. If she's starting at your school, meaning that she's new there, she will definitely appreciate someone approaching her and wanting to be her friend. And when you get to know her quite well, and if you like her, then it will be much easier for you to ask her out.

How should you message her on FB - say that you know she's going to attend your school and ask if she needs any help or if there's something she wants to know about how the school works etc.? Ask if she knows many people there. Just things like that. And then you can move on from there.

7. Carbine

Well, as a very shy person, I can vouch for the fact going up and being perfectly chill and charming is about four-hundred times harder than it seems. But usually only if you, as most of these people are saying, over-think it. Usually if I've got this big scheme in my head, everything planned out, it does not go well at all. I'd say just try to stay cool and kinda ad-lib it a bit. Active thinking tends to help calm nerves. And think of it as a normal conversation, not anything that'll put pressure on you.