1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I being unreasonable?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Dakine, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
    So I share an apartment with a friend, unfortunately the "friendship" is quickly falling apart, as do several friendships after living with a person. He currently is back home for the holidays so I have had the apartment to myself for two weeks which has been heaven cause I can finally get a good night sleep. Well last night I get a call just as I was falling asleep from his friend saying that they were in town and were going to be stopping by the apartment for a bit, so not to think someone was breaking in. They get here an hour later and just so happen to invite another friend over who has no volume control at all. So they're here from about 1-3am, smoking weed, laughing it up, eating pizza etc. all the while I'm in my room desperately trying to get some sleep cause I work a REAL job in the morning. So 3am comes and they finally leave to go back home which is a 2 hour drive. Mind you I haven't heard a word from my roommate since he's been gone back home on holidays for two weeks now, so this was an out of nowhere stop in at the apartment, basically it was used as a rest stop for them to entertain themselves...best part is they left me their dishes to clean up. So here I am, only getting 3 hours sleep even though I was in bed for 8 hours. He knows he keeps me up and acts like he cares but he is constantly having ppl over at ridiculous times during nights that I work. I mean, who stops in at their apartment with friends for the first time in two weeks at 1am on a work night?? Apparently he does...and this kind of stuff happens all the time. Am I being ridiculous for being pissed off? Is it too much of me to ask of my roommate to have some kind of respect for what hour of the day he does things??

2. the lone wolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, if you've asked him before and he knows and still does it, you have the right to be pissed off in my opinion.
    That dish thing too... not really respectful, when he comes back, I would at least try to talk to him about it (even if it's again) and try to get him to understand (because I'm assuming he doesn't) that you have a job and need the sleep and can't afford to be kept awake by his friends in the middle of the night and do their dishes.

3. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
    In all honesty there was no need for them to even show up. Thanks for agreeing with me. Oh well, I have 4 more months to go with this. Lesson to everyone out there....be careful who u choose to live with. Do some honest evaluation of the situation before you commit to moving in with someone. I've regretted this from day one but have no choice until May.