1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First relationship

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Dani0212, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Dani0212

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi all, first of all thanks for reading. I'm new to the forum so thanks for letting me in as well.

Last year, I met a girl in my university and we became really good friends. We have a lot of things in common and I feel like I can talk to her about almost anything. Some time during the summer, I realized that I fancied her and with time I started to fall in love with her, couldn't help myself since she's so amazing, smart and nice to be with.

About my preferences, I think I'm mostly attracted to guys but I do find some girls fanciable as well. But I think that you can fall in love with anyone, regardless of their gender. Not many people know this about me, I have told a couple of friends and her of course. I only live with my mom and she is quite homophobic but I think deep down she knows I'm not straight because sometimes she says really hurtful remarks about LGBT people :icon_sad:

Back to this girl I told you about, last year she dated another girl for a few months and that didn't go quite well actually, she wasn't into the girl in the first place. After that she dated a guy she had been in love with since high school but that didn't work out either, they broke up in the summer, around the time she and I became closer.

I wasn't planning on telling her about my feelings but I sometimes felt like there was a strong tension when we were together. And so I decided to take the risk and the last week of the semester I told her I was in love with her. At first she didn't say anything and so a week passed by in which I tried to act like nothing had happened. Some days later she told me she did like me, we went to see a movie and we kissed a lot at the cinema. Afterwards, we talked and agreed to give us a chance to have a relationship. I have to admit that it was one of the best days of my life :grin:

I've never felt this way about anyone, she makes the happiest I've ever been with someone. But it's getting hard for us to be together because her parents don't let her go out much anymore so I barely see her and we just mostly chat all night. We think that her parents suspect something is going on between us. I think she's really scared about what might happen if they find out and I'm scared that she will want to break up to avoid that risk.

I know that eventually our parents will find out (or we will have to tell them). I really really love her and I'm willing to confront them when we have to and do whatever I can to be with her. But I don't know what do about her, I don't know what to tell her because she might not want the same. It's really hard and unfair to let go of something so beautiful because it bothers other people.

I mostly just wanted to let this out of my heart and talk to people that have been through similar experiences. Thank you guys so much.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How old are you two? If you suspect you or she will be in a lot of trouble with parents, you might wait until your financially/physically independent before coming out to them.

3. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

I'd keep it under wraps, parents who aren't supportive will try and likely suceed at splitting you two up. Like resu asked, how old are you? I it possible to wait?

4. Dani0212

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm 21 and she's 20 but we're still in college and both of us still depend financially on our parents. I suppose you are right and we need to keep our relationship to ourselves for the time being. :icon_sad:

Thanks for replying.

5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't lose heart. You have each other.