1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this homophobia or just a friend crossing the line ?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Beware Of You, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

One of my friends is a Medical School dropout, anyway we have been friends for over 12 years (being 23 thats a while) he was one of the first people to know that I am a homosexual.

Anyway we were in the pub the other day and he went on about the stuff he read about gay people in medical school, how the level of risk is "huge" for a gay guy and he is guess I am a bottom (he is right btw) since we had a coming out party at the gay bar a while back I got drunk and twirked with my boyfriend, we disappeared and we weren't seen until later when we were found asleep in a bed together....

But he went on about HIV and stuff (I am well aware of it and get tested etc.) but still it was a bit much

Its the 3rd time he has gone on about it in a short while . He seems to think he is a doctor even though he got nowhere close (Ironically being a PhD student I am going to be the Dr) . I sometimes think he is looking out for me or something, he did save my life in a way when I was deeply depressed, self harming and suicidal and dragged me to the drop in centre at 11pm but still its a bit much this whole STD thing

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unless he starts telling you that you should STOP doing it, then I guess I would say he's looking out for you.

3. sam the man

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, he doesn't sound homophobic exactly. If he was homophobic and you've known him for 11 years, he'd have probably showed it well before then anyway. It sounds more like he's slightly misguided and/or concerned for you. Perhaps next time you see him you could show him some stats on STDs or the risks and tell him you are aware of them and know how to avoid them.