1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I gain confidence when talking to girls?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MrSmooth, Dec 29, 2013.

1. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So their is this girl from my school and I think she's cute and I wanna get to know her, First things first she doesn't know I'm trans she just knows me as Brandon, Or in other words a biological male, On top of that I am really really shy, Everyone in my circle sees me as a guy some know I'm trans, And I hang around my dudes alot more and I even have a dance group know one of th guys from that group dated her, And he's trying to talk to her for me, He sees me as strictly male as well as others, Know I just wanna get to know her to see if I wanna go futher, Bu thn my thing is whn would it b the right time to tell her I'm trans, She also knows that I think she's cute and know looks at me alot I really wanna talk to her but I need HELP:help:

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The best time to let her know is whenever you feel comfortable telling her. Personally I'm of the opinion that you don't owe it to anyone to let them know what you've got between your legs, at least not until you're thinking of having them discover it themselves! Then it's probably polite to tell them.

As for the rest, I've got nothing, I've got no confidence either!

3. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people

I don't role like that though, Especially considering I'm in highschool, Not everyone accepts me at that highschool, The only good thing is that I'm a Jr and she's a freshman so she doesn't really know all of the upperclassmen, But I'm gonna tell her before things get serious

4. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well me and her are friends she sees me as a guy, Eventually I will let her know that I'm trans but I have her number so everything is going alright.

5. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I completely agree with your sentiment, as a person who's 100% trans-friendly and have dated a trans person, a world where trans people didn't have to explain themselves would be a truly great one.

However in practice, I would advise against waiting to disclose it if one is pre-op. The fact is, people vary in how accepting and open they are, and if the girl he likes operates under the assumption he's biologically male, there could be a shitstorm when she finds out otherwise. And maybe there won't be. Maybe she'd be completely fine with it. Many girls are. But I think it would be best to establish that first, because it could turn out very hurtful for everyone involved.

The way I would go is get to know her first, test the LGBT waters first, see if she's trans friendly, before you get too invested in the potential relationship. If she turns out not to be, don't despair, there are a lot of people, straight or bi who are.