1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meeting People in High School

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by itsonlyrelative, Dec 29, 2013.

1. itsonlyrelative

So I tried going to join my school's GSA (Gay-Straight Alliance), but they thought that I was mocking them cause I didn't look like their stereotypical member. :dry: The president of the club gave me a million questions and refused to let me put my email down on the member list. :tears:

Are there any other ways that I can meet people in high school to talk to? :help:

2. xTayTayx

Out Status:
    All but family
    Try starting your own club where anyone can join.

Make fliers and arrange to meet in your school library after school on certain days. Make sure to get permission from whoever is in charge though. In your fliers be specific about what the group is for and where and when any first meeting will take place. Make sure to put them up a week ahead of time before the meeting so people can see it in time and plan to go and such.

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

3. itsonlyrelative

I'm not out yet to my friends and classmates...I wanted to join the GSA to help build my confidence about coming out and meet people from my school who had dealt with it in our very sheltered town (we call it a bubble), but that failed as I mentioned. I did casually ask my school's activities director if it was possible for me to start another club that was LGBT related :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: and she said that because of the way the county views it for discrimination purposes all groups such as our Muslim Student Alliance or our GSA can only have one representative entity in order to avoid favoritism. :dry: