1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I ask if she is gay?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Zen n stuff, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Zen n stuff

Now before you go straight to saying "let her come out at her own pace" you should know that I am getting really worried, She has been drinking really heavy and told me that she doesn't sleep. I am 99% sure that the reason she is depressed is because she is gay and can't face it, like she can't deal with it because she doesn't know how our friends would react and her parents are like super religious and right wing, and she still goes to church with them. I think I am the only one that suspects anything, or at least has any sort of proof, I won't get into how I know because its kinda a long story. but I want to ask her, because maybe if she had someone to talk to, and knew that she had at least one friend that was totally supportive and open minded then maybe she would feel a little better. I don't know though, maybe she would just be angry, she might not want me to know, she might not be ready. or maybe I am just completely wrong and I make things worse. What would you do?

2. Foster

Don't ask her. If she's gay, she needs to come out when she's ready, and no sooner. However, you can give her little hints that you're supportive of the LGBT community, and that may prompt her to trust you with the issue and eventually come out to you (if she is gay). The first person I came out to was my sister, because I knew she was for gay rights. Make sure she knows that you are a safe person to come out to, and that you will love her no matter what :slight_smile: