1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My best friend died. Help me grieve?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ttmab, Dec 30, 2013.

1. ttmab

I don't know what I'm hoping to accomplish by writing this, but my best friend passed away unexpectedly, and I have no one to talk to about it. She was the only one who knew me completely. She was my rock. Now I have no one to confide in, and I don't know what to do. Does anyone have advice on coming to terms with this grief?

2. Pete1970

Sorry for your loss,

A few years back i met my friend in a forum for a musician. We would chat for hours every day and eventually started going to concerts together. Just for clarification, it was strictly platonic. Anyways, we were getting pretty close and told each other alot of personal stuff. She was really becoming my best friend. One day, i turned on the news and learned that she had died under some sketchy circumstances. It was pretty devastating, i couldnt even listen to that musician for a long time as it reminded me of her (still have trouble even today) I really wish she was alive today,i could really use her support and understanding I know she would have been a great help and source of comfort.

I dont really have any suggestions to get over the grief as i still am not completely over it, just wanted you to know that i feel for you and understand your pain.

3. ttmab

Thanks, I appreciate it all the same. There is a strange solidarity in sharing grief, I guess. Maybe it's just having someone else help share the burden. I'm sorry to hear that you lost her under sketchy circumstances. For what it's worth, I hope it will all come to light in the future, just for the sake of closure. (*hug*)

4. Pete1970

Thanks,

The case was closed but knowing her and the situation she was in, there is no doubt in my mind what really happened. I just try to remember the good times we had.

5. Etak

I'm so sorry for your loss.

My father died two days before Thanksgiving, so I'm dealing with some pretty confusing emotions right now, too. The only advice I can give is don't hide from it. You need to let the grief out, not keep it locked up inside. If you ever need someone to talk to or you just need to rant, feel free to shoot me a message.

6. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I agree with the above poster, do not try to hold your emotions in because it will only make things worse. I loss someone near and dear to me over a year ago and it has been extremely tough. The person whose life was taken away from him (he was murdered) was my kids uncle, my kids father's only sibling. And you know, he was like a brother to me because we had grown so close especially after I had his nephews.

When it first happened, I just cry myself to sleep and laid in the bed all day, but that wasn't healthy at all. I gained 20 lbs, and isolated myself from my family as my whole world just fell apart. But please hang in there, don't be afraid to discuss your feelings with those around you, especially during this time in need of support (*hug*)

#6 pinklov3ly, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2013