1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! We can't be together because he's afraid.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by VolpeSolitario, Dec 31, 2013.

1. VolpeSolitario

I was in a relationship with a guy for about 8 months when he suddenly tells me that he's not sure if our relationship could continue. He's really close to his family, but they hate gays. He's scared that his relationship with his family will be destroyed if they found out that he's gay/bi. It's been 4 months since then... and we still love each other, but we're not together. I tried to talk to him about it again but he said he could only tell me what he said before. He said social stigma and his family may prevent us from being together. It makes me so sad because I love him a lot... he's like the perfect guy to me. I wish I could change his views but my efforts seem futile. I don't want to move on either. Is there any way I could persuade him into thinking differently?

2. dater83

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is a process your boyfriend needs to go through, you shouldn't sit by and wait. Let him know you love him and give him the time. Meet new people, don't be in close contact with him, and if he loves you he'll come around.