1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my mom and sister.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Butterfly16, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Butterfly16

Butterfly16 Guest

First of all, I just joined this site.
    I came out recently on facebook, but yet still a few important peoole in my life dont know im bisexual.
    my mom and older sister know, but they think you have to have had sex to know your sexual preference. Not true. I have known since I was 13 that im bisexual. I just wish they could understand that im bisexual and no matter how much they tell me to think again it wont change.:dry:

2. StephenSC

Welcome to the site. Good on you for having the strength and courage to come out!

Sorry to hear about your mom and sister upsetting you, try not to let it worry you (as difficult as it is). They are likely just having a hard time adjusting (I assume the idea is still new to them as you said "recently") In time they will accept all elements of you. Chin up. = )

3. Butterfly16

Butterfly16 Guest

The thing is I actually told my mom when I was 14 but she said there was no way I could know. So it was a forgotten topic. until a month ago.. which I call recent

4. Enfys

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry you mum and sister have upset you. :frowning2: please try and not let it upset you too much. They may be finding it hard to come to terms with. (Not that that's any excuse to upset you)
    Well done on coming out :slight_smile:

5. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I heard people use that argument, I always want to ask how they think they ended up in a relationship!

I mean if you don't know what you like until you've had sex, then logically you wouldn't know you liked the first person you had sex with. If you didn't like the first person you had sex with, the heck were you doing having sex with them!