1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uhh... Another facet to my dubious orientation?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by CloudyEver, Dec 31, 2013.

1. CloudyEver

So, I'm a teenager, cusp of adulthood. Naturally, in high school, things are a little rough, particularly when you've just moved into the area. I can't/don't drive, and I have three younger siblings and two full time working parents who have to cater to their whims before my own; one even has a learning disability, and needs extra attention. This has been my life for the longest period of time: be the oldest, be the most mature, be the most responsible. And for the most part, I've been okay.
    But lately, I've been craving human interaction. I am not delusional; I KNOW that I'm an introvert, possibly even a minor sociopath, but that doesn't mean I don't want the spotlight and friends too. My only friend is someone who lives outside of my town, and who is just as busy with schoolwork as I; in short, we never get to meet up.
    My dilemma: due to the constant moving required of a military family and the fact that my sister is more than happy to take all of the spotlight for herself, I have severely stunted social skills. I make friends, but keeping them is another thing. And that doesn't even begin to cover my relationship status. I don't want anything physical, but Hallmark movies are pretty nice, no? Therein lies my title, by the way. Does that make me asexual, as well?
    Any advice on how to foster relationships that last among people who have known each other since birth? :icon_sad: