1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mom is not homophobic but thinks homosexuality is not normal.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by yannadi38, Jan 1, 2014.

1. yannadi38

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    She said that she had homosexual friends. That men who ''act'' like girls are not
    normal. She thinks that men ''act'' like girls. She said that i should never hang
    out with lesbian girls,only with gay men(because she thinks they're just like girls).
    She immedietely thinks that a boy is gay if he dresses nice and looks like a girl(not
    in the way he dresses,but in the way he looks.etc. face)
    Whenever i watch a k-pop music video(you know,korean pop music) she always
    says that they are gay... they're not... It's just the way the stylists dress them,it's
    not that they actually dress like that and put make up on like on the music videos.

I want to change her opinions on homosexuality.Just because a guy looks feminine
    doesn't mean he's gay and if a girl dresses like a man doesn't mean she's lesbian.

I don't like stereotypes and i want to change her opinion cause it bothers me a lot...

Example of kpop boy groups:
    https://www.google.gr/search?q=kpop...3EswaZ4IDABw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=665

They're all straight and have attraction towards girls. I've noticed that whenever i saw
    the groups on variety shows,they always mentioned about a girl they liked and stuff...
    (Im not saying all of them are straight,since homosexuality in Korea is a big taboo and noone dares to come out but still...)
    How to explain my mom? :eusa_doh:

Sorry for my english :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wonder what her homosexual friends would think to those opinions...

There isn't much point in trying to explain it to her until you've asked her to explain what she thinks.

Next time she says it, just look her in the eyes and ask "WHY?". Make her explain her position and we can work from there.