1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who wants to jump in a tangled mess of high school drama?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Lezbehonesthere, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Lezbehonesthere

I feel like this is something you hear about in a bad sitcom.

So there's a girl I've crushed HARD on and loved for about 2.5 years now. We're actually good friends now. Let's call her Laura. So go back about a year. Laura has a really good friend, Moxie. Moxie was friendly enough and in an attempt to be closer to Laura I befriended Moxie, and soon me and Moxie became good friends as well.

I had written this huge long spiel, listing evidence like a Sherlock Holmes wannabe (but actually) and then realized as friendly and polite as you guys are, not one wants to read pages and pages of drama. Basically:

-Rumors abound Moxie and Laura are together. I say wut. Remember, these are my two good friends.

-Moxie and Laura deny it (last year, as in maybe last March-May. Then people stopped talking because we're teenagers and we get bored easily.)

-Suddenly this year they're super duper tight, I'm fairly certain I heard them kissing, they act differently towards each other (i.e. one's very protective, the other get's this puppy dog face when she sees her), Moxie gets almost passive aggressive when I mention Laura or things we did together. Basically, I'm almost positive they're in a relationship. I know, it sounds like a big leap, but you're not around these girls the way I am. Almost positive. Almost.

Don't forget this whole time I have a major, major crush on Laura.

Remember how at first I befriended Moxie to get closer to Laura? And now I CAN'T do anything with Laura because I'd be betraying Moxie because now she's my friend EVEN THOUGH I WAS CRUSHING FIRST THANK YOU VERY MUCH. AND I ALREADY ASKED THEM IF THEY WERE IN A RELATIONSHIP AND THEY SAID NO but that was last year and things change, people change and if I ask again and they say yes then it's not just suspicions, it's real and I'll have just sealed the nail in my coffin of romantic prospects.

I'm closer with Laura than with Moxie. Please don't tell me to admit my feelings to her because I think it would break more than it heals. But should I ask her about Moxie? Or are they trying hard to stay in the closet and like the fact that I'm a naive social idiot that won't out them?

Lik dis if u cri evri tim.

Also, I'm not used to using this site so I'm not used to the emoticons, but don't these remind you of telophase?:kiss:

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unfortunately, and you won't like me for saying this 'cause I think you probably already know it even if you're not saying it outright, it would appear that this is one of those 'lesson learned, now we know for next time' moments...

It sucks, believe me I know! When I was 17 I had my best friend try and help me figure things out with one of my other best friends, then they started dating and have been together 6 years!

You COULD ask them about it, but let's be honest here, WHY would you?

If you ask and they say 'Yes, we're dating' it's going to hurt you. Having said that, at least you would know about it but it would still hurt.

If you ask and they say 'No, we aren't dating', then what? Are you going to tell her your feelings...and if you DO what if she lied?

My point is, there aren't a lot of ways you're coming out of this with what you want, which you know. The healthy thing to do is to just go with whatever they happen to tell you and move on, but that isn't easy or fun...it sucks...really REALLY sucks.

EDIT: Oh, and you get a hug too because it really sucks! (*hug*)

3. Lezbehonesthere

It does. It really, really sucks. And a few months ago, at the very end of last year, I was so sure that Laura had a crush on me, little stuff like our feet touching under the table and staying there, and then suddenly...

I just keep telling myself that if I really loved her, I'd be happy if she was happy, and being with Moxie must make her happy.

Thanks for the hug though :frowning2:

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "I just keep telling myself that if I really loved her, I'd be happy if she was happy, and being with Moxie must make her happy."

You can tell yourself that, but it ignores one crucial element. YOU aren't happy, or at least as happy as you think you should have been!

This is one of those horrible situations where I can say categorically that I know what advice to give knowing full well I wouldn't be able to take it myself. I can tell you that if it ever happens again that you'll know to act sooner or miss out, but I know if it happened to me again I'd be just as scared as I was last time. :frowning2: I hope you're feeling better about it soon.