1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever-Growing Guilt

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by justjade, Jan 4, 2014.

1. justjade

OK, so I have this friend who recently shipped out to San Antonio to join the Air Force. We bonded a lot over the last few weeks before he left and kind of realized that we have a deep emotional intimacy. There was a moment where it was just the two of us sitting on the mattress he slept on when he spent the night, and I was holding him. He had his head on my chest listening to my heart. I also recently received a letter from him, and in one part he said that he keeps playing the sound of my heartbeat in his left ear over and over again in his head, which makes him feel better.

See, this wouldn't make me feel so bad if I wasn't married. Although my husband encourages us to spend time alone together and even jokingly tried to make us kiss once, I feel really awful. I care so deeply for this friend, and it's kind of getting away from me. I can't figure out for the life of me what I'm feeling or why my husband is acting this way.

I'm so confused! Any insight would be greatly appreciated, even if it's just to say that I'm nuts and need to calm down because honestly, I am, and I do. Thanks in advance, guys.

2. Saint Otaku

Maybe try just talking about it with your husband. He is your partner after all, it's his responsibility to listen to your feelings.