1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to go "out" of the closet that i'm bisexual, but I'm too scared to do so?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Karl99, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Karl99

I'm so scared. I can't live like this anymore. I've been trying to hide it for months now. I have a lot of best friends including the class bully. I'm best friends with the class bully since we were 4. He totally trusts me with anything. He's really kind to me, my friends tell me he gives me the special treatment. He would hate people who hate me. While other people tease me that i'm gay in the previous years (by the way i'm 13 now) he would defend me anyway he can.I think I could tell my closest friends, but If it somehow leaked, i'm scared people would bully and tease me for being bi/gay again. I would kill myself if that happened again. It was hell at that time. I'm scared on how they will react, I have a lot of girls who like me after all. As for my family NO ONE knows, I have 3 sisters, I would hate to disappoint my mom, for being the only guy in the family, as for my dad I think he would kill me, but he loves me so much, idk what he would do to me. He's always glad he's had a son like me. My father's family has a running reputation of being straight. I would hate to destroy that reputation. As for my sisters I think they'll be okay with it, cause they tease of being gay too, but they're just teasing, nothing serious. I'm scared everyone would change around me if I told the truth about me. Because where I come from they despise gay people except maybe some. I honestly support gay people everywhere, they're really kind, unlike the other straight people. I have nothing against sexuality. I wanna be who I really am and that is being Bisexual.

I'm suicidal, I've thought of suicide before. I would kill myself if the people at school start bullying me again.
    I hope my best friends(including the class bully) would accept who I really am.
    I REALLY NEED HELP! PLEASE!

2. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heyy (*hug*)
    You don't HAVE to come out if you don't feel ready. It's your choice.
    If you need to, maybe just come out to one or two very close friends who you KNOW would be supportive. If you're unsure, you can bring up LGBT topics casually and see how they respond.

By the way, your friend who's touchy with you, he's not the bully right? Do you know how he feels about LGBT stuff?

3. Karl99

(*hug*) :icon_redf Hey
    Oh he isn't the bully, I miss him so much though lol. Because we're on our christmas break now.
    The bully in our class is a different guy, as far as I know he uses the word gay as an insult :dry: :confused:

4. confused1234

Okay, take a deep breath man. Like WhiteShadows said, you don't HAVE to come out if you're not ready. In fact, if you feel like your safety is in jeopardy, I would recommend NOT coming out. I do have an idea though. Have you thought about maybe telling one of your sisters? I think siblings are normally pretty trustworthy with this kind of stuff, and if you really need someone to talk to, I think a sister would be a good option.

5. jami13llp1993

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I understand how you feel I love and support all the lgbtq's and I'm bisexual but I haven't come out to anyone I know I understand you want everyone to know all of you but my thought process is that I don't need to come out until or unless I start dating a girl I'm not saying this is the answer but kids can be cruel and I don't want you to feel like you need to end your life it gets better!!! :slight_smile:

6. Karl99

True
    but this isn't my problem now, I'm depressed.
    I'm worthless