1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help. Really need to talk about it

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by solemn, Jan 4, 2014.

1. solemn

Okay,
    Posted a couple of times on this forum. I just really need to get out my thoughts of the situation and most importantly my feelings.

I'm 21 male post-grad, and over the past year and half i've been becoming increasingly aware i'm sexually attracted to same sex. But here's the complicated bit.
    Around the time of the beginning of where i was becoming more aware of my sexual attraction. I was starting a relationship with opposite sex. I feel that I may have rushed into this relationship too quickly, because I had just came out of another bad relationship with this other girl who just completely made me feel like shit.

I sometimes think back about the start of the relationship and wish i hadn't rushed things a little. Not because i didn't want to be with her, but because mainly I wanted to have savoured and created more exciting memories during the beginning when everything was new and exciting, instead of dwelling on the past and future. I once tried to talk to her about my same attraction but it was at a time where i wasn't exactly sure what i was feeling. I've since i was young, known i was attracted to the opposite sex, emotionally and sexually. But my attraction towards same sex seem to have sprung up out of nowhere.

I've been with my girlfriend for over a year and half, and we're thinking about plans of moving in together, as our relationship is currently long distance, it's putting a strain on both of us. Things are becoming increasingly more serious. But I do want this relationship to be long-term. Because I really love and care for this girl. I've never loved anyone as much as her, which is why im struggling with myself. I wanna tell her how i'm feeling, I wanna share everything with her but i'm scared of how she'll react. When I once tried to talk to her about it, I could see it was making her uneasy. I couldn't bare her feeling that way so I went back on myself. I.e maybe back in the closet. We haven't spoken about it since.

I'm trying to find inner and peace and be comfortable with myself, so we can take this relationship further. I'm so aware and conscious of myself, but as I do, the urge to share it with her. Is becoming increasingly more important for me. As i know it'll be what will strengthens this relationship.

She knows i'm worried about something, but i've just blamed on the moving in together. I wanna tell her how im feeling. But where do i start?

#1 solemn, Jan 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  2. solemn

I need to figure out my sexuality/accept it, but i dont wanna risk loosing her because im just attracted to both genders.
    The only way to accept it is to have her accept it too?

#2 solemn, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  3. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, tell her you love her. And that's not going to change. But that sometimes you've had really confusing physical attractions to guys, and it's bothering you. You just need to reassure her that you're loyal to her I guess..

4. solemn

your right.
    im going to be real with her.
    going to honest with her.
    its going to be hard but i've gotta do it.

5. jami13llp1993

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey you can explore your new feelings with her support and I don't mean in a threesome way but more like going to a gay bar together having fun exploring but she might not be as open minded and she might feel insecure or uncomfortable but whatever the case I think you should talk about it you shouldn't have to hide something about yourself from the person you love I hope it all works out!!! Message me if you want to talk!!! :slight_smile: