1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awkward gathering?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Blackrabbit271, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Blackrabbit271

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here's my real dilemma I found a couple of lesbian movies ( blue is the warmest color, cloudburst) that I wanted to watch with my best friend ( also my cousin so no romantic issues there) ok so, issue is she decided to invite 4 others girls including a lesbian to watch it with us like a girls night. (Future tense) For some reason it bothered me. Maybe I'm just being weird but I feel like (even if I didn't make it awkward) it would be awkward watching it with them. Knowing I'm the only lesbian in the room besides the other girl that just came out (and who I've never met.) I tried talking to my best friend about how the idea made me uncomfortable but she thinks I'm being ridiculous and silly. Is she right? I told her how I felt and compared it to her watching a movie (that also has a 10 minute elaborate sex scene) with a bunch of guys.( prospects or not) No response. She just has a hard time understanding some of these things. Or maybe I'm overthinking it but that's why I'm asking you guys for an opinion.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think you're being silly. Yeah, some people (gay and straight) wouldn't have any issue watching such a movie alone or in a group of however-many people. But the issue here is that YOU are having an issue with it, and your friend is discounting your feelings about it.

Best bet - tell her the viewing party is off, and you're going to watch them alone. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. Blackrabbit271

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So it is just me... well Im going to take a few days to think about it and maybe call it off like you suggested ( my first idea too) or use this as a growing experience and get out of my comfort zone but either way thanks for the help Lex, I appreciate the reply.