1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating Advice

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by willycubed28, Jan 6, 2014.

1. willycubed28

So I have been talking to this guy for a few weeks on facebook, and we have been getting along very well. He said he was single, and he wanted to take me out to dinner and for drinks, and see where it goes for us. He said that he was interested in dating me if the chemistry was right. Well, tonight I asked him if he had plans on Friday night, and he said yes, but that he was going to a Gymnastics meet to watch some Gymnastics. I asked him if he wanted any company from me, and he said.."I don't think my date would like that very much" I was shocked.

So, he wants to date the two of us and sees where it goes. I am not sure what to do.
    Would any of you consider this guy a jerk?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He's honestly admitted to you that he's seeing more than one person until he finds someone with chemistry...personally I'd be pretty annoyed by that, but it appears to be a fairly common thing now.

3. drp

drp Guest

i say let him figure out how he feels for the other person first. i put myself in this exact situation a year ago and it didnt end well. i was hurt and irritated that i even let him "test out" both of us.

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, just talking to you on Facebook for a weeks doesn't mean he has to be exclusive to you. But, he did respond to your offer in a really tactless and hurtful way. It would obviously been better if he brought this up to you before like an adult or even mentioned that he was on a date instead of leaving that important detail missing. It just makes him seem untrustworthy.

5. willycubed28

That is what I told him. I asked him why didn't he just tell me from the start, and he wouldn't answer. I know that he doesn't have to be exclusive to me, but he is the one that offered to go out with me, and go on a date and see where it goes. I am not sure he would have told me that he was going on a date with another guy if I hadn't ask to go with him on Friday.