1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my friend gay? Does he like me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by jmill1234, Jan 7, 2014.

1. jmill1234

jmill1234 Guest

Okay, so basically there's this guy in my class and I'm not sure whether he's gay or not. There's a few reasons why I think he is gay, so I'll start from the beginning.

We used to have designated seats in German class and we used to sit next to each other. Our seats were at the back of the class so we could talk if we wanted to and we'd never get caught. Anyway, sometimes he'd feel my leg and then run his hand up my thigh and I'd have to tell him to stop but he'd just laugh and then do it again about ten minutes later. I'm not sure whether this was just a joke or not.

Secondly, yesterday in class (Math class) my teacher was calling out our names to see who was absent. His name is just before mine and when the teacher called my name I said 'Here.' and I looked over at him and he was mouthing 'I love you' to me. Again, I'm not sure whether this was just a joke or not.

Thirdly, he used to always feel my face saying that I had really soft skin. I know, it sound really creepy, doesn't it.

Finally, he's always finding reasons to touch me, like rubbing against my arm 'accidentally'. And when he's around me, he's really mean to everyone else but when it's just me and him, he's nice. I'm not sure what this means. Oh, and it seems like he hates all of my close friend. That might not have anything to do with it but I thought I'd throw it in just incase.

I'd be really grateful if anyone could help me out and let me know whether you think he's gay, bi, straight or whatever and does he like me? Thanks! :help:

2. StephenSC

It's impossible to tell for certain, but I would say that there is good chance that he is. He's very "touchy feely" towards another guy and being mean to your friends could show a hint of jealousy on his part. Certainly hints of being gay/bi and interested, though at the same to it's really forward (ridiculously) which does make it seem a bit "jokey".

If you really want to know ask him, if your close friends. And when you think he'll be comfortable and feel safe to be asked such things.

If your out you could always make some joke comments about his actions and see how he responds. "One day I'm going to get the wrong idea about you" or something like that, though that depends on your personality type (How playful/sarcastic you normally are, ect)

3. jmill1234

jmill1234 Guest

We're not really that close, we're just friends if you know what I mean. But thanks for the advice!

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe you should ask him if it's a joke or not. Him being mean to others and your friends is kind of a red flag; he might be a little controlling in wanting you to himself.

5. Mrcake

He probably isn't gay to be honest. A lot of high schooler's think it's funny to pull risqué things in order to get some attention. He's probably a normal kid tho thinks it's funny to annoy or make someone feel awkward. Unless you see him trying to do something sexual to you, or you see him checking you out in the hallway, he's probably straight.