1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is he toying/playing with me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dapulu, Jan 8, 2014.

1. dapulu

I've been chatting for a couple months with this guy J... but I don't know what's going on...I really think he's just being an attentionwhore and is keeping me hooked buy maybe I'm overreacting since I've had bad experiences these past few months.

Problem: J is starting up conversations with me, but he just says hi and he doesn't say much after that, never asks about me or talks about any subjects. It's just weird. What does he wants? He already rejected my offer to get to know each other as friends AND rejected me when I asked him out on a date. Plus a month has passed by since we stopped talking to each other. :dry:

What do you think guys? Any guess or advice is highly appreciated :slight_smile:

Background and long post because I need to vent:

I met him in college in the halls 5 months ago. Just the usual passing by between labs and classes. Then he started it. He'd just smile in the most glorious way and say hi and at first I'd just say hi too, with this weird look on my face :confused: but as time passed I'd respond with the same dumbfounded smile he made. Never had an actual conversation introducing ourselves or a proper conversation at all. People started asking me about him since the way we greeted each other drew attention...it was weird I guess.

Then one day in October or November I started a Fb chat with him as he was in the "people I may know" section, told him "Hello, handsome :slight_smile:"(I'm naturally flirtatious) and conversation started from there. He asked me where he knew me from and I replied with a "that's what I want to know, I just remember you as the smiling guy in the hallways", and he said he always smiled like that (BULLSH*T and he knows it, I've seen him saying hi to people a bit) We kept chatting 8 hours that Thursday and had no sleep, and the next days were the same. He kept asking what did I want (the handsome part in the initial text seemed to freak him out) and he didn't believe I was just that way with people and then I just spilled the beans and told him that I was interested in him but I wanted to try something new and was just trying to get to know him (I usually hook up first), but insisted that I was naturally flirtatious haha. He just replied with "hahaha" and kept the conversation going. Things got heated up A LOT and he started asking for a naked photo of me and I said NO. I'd usually ask stuff about him, and he rarely asked about me. He kept insisting on the naked pic nonstop in different ways. He didn't accept me as a friend either so I just cancelled the request and teased him saying it'd take a while for me to befriend him again. :icon_wink

Anyway, in Sunday I asked J (the guy) out to hangout and he rejected me saying he'd feel awkward since it was the first time something like this happened to him(as I said he knew I was interested in him but just wanted to know him first). I explained how I just wanted to know him and it wasn't a date, that we could hang out with other people too, but he said NO and I told him that if he felt ready in the near future to tell me so. :slight_smile: I stopped chatting so much but he kept the conversation going until one day I finally succumbed and sent him a few pics, he wanted full body and I said I'd never send one with my face on it plus it was cold as f*ck. Then I asked him to send his naked pic or at least a teasing one (we said we'd send one to each other but I went first) and he said he'd never do that :slight_smile:tantrum: :eusa_doh:slight_smile: I got a bit upset and after some talk I asked him if he was the least bit interested, so that we wouldn't lose our time. He kept giving me vague answers so I just stopped being so insistent, but still kept the chat going and every 4 days or so ask him to hangout again and he kept rejecting until one time he told "stop being a creep hahaha" so I just stopped altogether since it kind of hurt, I mean he knew I wanted to know him first and I had already told him my past experiences with guys and how I'm trying to change that blablabla.

Few weeks passed by and the chatting started drifting apart until I stopped asking stuff. He didn't initiate in the following week so I took it as a closed chapter in my life. :tears: It's important to notice that we didn't meet each other in the halls at all during the time we were chatting, so there was no physical interaction between us for like 3-4 weeks, the semester was ending and it was kind of chaotic so I didn't even search.

But then suddenly, after 2 weeks of no chatting and when we were on finals after classes ended, one day in a computer room someone called my name in a sweet sweet way :icon_bigg , I turned left and 3 computers beside me was J. He said hi, how u doin'? and showed me a smile...not the dumbfounded one he had before we started chatting, but a smile that made me blush inside nonetheless :icon_redf ...it was a different expression...in a good way. I replied, my hi was very flirtatious and he just laughed and returned the hi in the same flirtatious way, then I asked him too how he was doing and then I just kept doing my stuff since I was busy finishing a final project. I noticed he kept giving me glances. After a few minutes I started conversation and we talked for a few minutes, then he had to leave. I was happy but still took the encounter as that of an acquaintance, although I felt a bit of hope and asked him in Fb if he felt ready to hangout and he said he wasn't sure :rolle: so I didn't initiate Fb chatting again nor did he. We both erased our conversation in Fb because it had a lot of compromising stuff and we both agreed to it.

Then, out of the blue, he started the chatting a week ago (3 weeks later since the encounter in the computer room) saying my nickname (he and I have the same name, but I have 2 names, still he kept using our name to address me in the previous chat) so it was interesting to see that happen for the first time...although it felt a bit weird since that came out of nowhere and I don't know why the change in addressing me...he didn't knew my nickname but it ain't a braincrack and a lot of people call me that way, but school was over and he isn't my friend on Fb where the wall posts of people calling me that are...so who knows. Whatever. I answered and wished him happy new year, he did too, and we started chatting a little bit. I noticed he started writing more in his replies since last time, but since he didn't ask sh*t about me or talked about anything it was a pretty dull conversation, since I wasn't really into striking up the talk again. Then he said hi again a day later and I responded 12 hours later and then he answered 6 hours later and we just weren't been able to catch each other in the following days. Then I started with the greeting too, but I made the second greeting 3 days ago and he hasn't answered yet.

He's 2 years younger and his mayor is in a similar area to mine, but I'm graduating in May. He also went to his town (2 and a half hours away) in mid December...school starts next week so he may be back soon. He said he thought that he was probably bi but who knows (yes, his answers are that vague). In the first texts we had, he told he thought he was a top. I told him I've never bottomed before and he was like "I'll be gentle" and he kept doing this comments where he said he only wanted to do it and stuff and he didn't want anything else...turns out it was sarcasm. If you're wondering, he's a virgin. I don't remember if he had any girlfriends before...but he's quite inexperienced so that's a bit a of a turn-off for me.

Kept me thinking since he doesn't really ask about me or talk about anything. What do you guys thinks? Was he just bored and talked to me? (Which is a bit weird since he'd have to search my name on Fb and then find me and send a message) Is he maybe softening up? Or is he playing with me?

I really don't want to keep going if this ain't gonna be even a friendship.

I appreciate the support, opinions, thoughts, advice and whatever it is you have to say (&&&) Best of luck and wishes!!! :thumbsup: P.D. Sorry for the long post

#1 dapulu, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  2. fakeidentityduh

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    seems like he just keeps pussing out on starting something. if I were you, I would give him an ultimatum of sorts... either hang out with me, or fuck off.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree. He's quite rude to be so persistent about full naked pics when you were just messaging each other. And yet, he won't even hang out with you, which suggests he doesn't want this to be "real", at least where others can notice. IMO, reciprocity, which includes sometimes making sacrifices in time, is important in any relationship.

Last semester, I met a guy who was doing the eye contact game and ended up working closely with me. I'm not out, but I try to be friendly to everyone. Whenever I saw him on the bus, I would try talking to him and acting interested in what he did. He actually sent me a FB friend request, but he never responded to two "normal" messages I sent, and I started to realize that as much as he might seemed to be paying attention, he almost never asked things about me or what I had done. I got so fed up that on one bus ride, I just let the conversation die, and we just sat next to each other, him sometimes looking at me from the side, me just looking out the window.