1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going out Alone (Gay Bar)

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Mrcake, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Mrcake

I want to go out to the local gay bar while I'm still on break, but I cannot find any friends who are available. I've found in a previous thread that it's okay to go out alone, but it might be dangerous. However, I don't find myself to be a dumb person, so I wouldn't do any risky things. Has anyone went out alone and met people? If you have, how did you go out and find people? Did you go to the floor and dance, buy people drinks, or something else?

2. biggayguy

I went out by myself a few times to a club where they knew me already. Watched the drag show and "danced' a few times. (Made dancing moves with my arms in my wheelchair.) A couple of girls danced with me. It seemed that all the guys were paired up and younger. It was fun for a couple of hours. It was more fun when somebody came with me.

3. nowhere but up

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    haha nice topic. MY first time at a gay bar was alone. I knew nobody. But I had to do it alone, it's my life and I needed to do it for me.

That night I met new gay friends who I still talk with today.

Since then, I have gone to the same bar alone feeling way more comfortable with myself. I don't dance, I just let people approach me haha, and if they dont I'm not upset because at least I am around like-minded people :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: