1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I may never come out to my mother

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Glittermunster, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Glittermunster

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This applies to both my parents, but especially my mother. What triggered the need to come out at all eventually is that I've been having a huge crush on someone recently, and I realized that I want to seriously consider asking her out at some point. My mom's incredibly homophobic. She's incredibly religious, and is rather freaked out by the fact that I told her a few months ago that I am not Christian, and I am not religious in any way. Ever since then, me dying my hair back to black has freaked her out, and my eye liner having little wings are freaking her out (she thinks they're too thick). Wearing a black tshirt on top of my black uniform pants freaks her out... (tells me to wear more colourful things).

My dad's also against gay marriage. I just told him a story about someone I met who got kicked out of her home after marrying her girlfriend. His response was as though it made sense! I usually don't talk to him about anything relating to relationships, but this was enough to let me know he's not going to be supportive.

I'm concerned because I suspect that I might just be completely into women, and in my opinion, if I fall in love with a woman, I want to marry her. At the same time though, I know my parents -- especially my mom, will never accept this. She's a drama queen and I have enough problems with her the way things are right now. This makes me feel really guilty about even considering going out with anyone at all. Any advice?:help:

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Who is wrong here? You or your parents?

You are trying to express love, they are using opinions they can't ethically justify and making you feel like you can't. Which one of you should be feeling guilty here?

Obviously there are things you need to consider if you ever ask this girl out, but you can't let your parents negative opinions rule your life forever!

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I feel the same way with my mom I just feel like i can just go some where with my girlfriend and never speak to my mom again once i move out but then i think the right thing to do is just tell her but I really feel like not telling her at all