1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dad said that he doesn't believe lesbians are real and gays should stay closeted

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by stocking, Jan 9, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My dad said that if a lesbian was married to a man in the past then she is not a lesbian and the only reason she is a lesbian is because a guy hurt her in the past and she is only being a lesbian because of this . My dad also said he can't stand how lesbians and gays are coming out and they should just go back in the closet , I told him maybe they just want to be treated fairly and he said We did treat them fair I don't get why they need to come out they should just go back in . He also said that if gay women dated men or had sex with them they can never be lesbian . and if a woman is attracted to another woman or has a relationship with one she will go to hell . He said there is no place in the bible that has two women loving each other or to men and they need to stop all this .
    He told me they are trying to change the definition of marriage and I told him that marriage was between a man and more than one woman and we changed it just to two people a man and a woman . He said that's true but they shouldn't be allowed to marry .

2. TheSeeker

Sounds like somebody needs to stop hitting the fox news crack pipe... Seriously, what's next-- is he going to tell us about "legitimate rape"? I mean, as you can see, his argument is absurd, so me poking holes in it won't help, but I could offer a good comeback to his lesbian commentary:

"Obviously you are enough in touch with your feminine side to be able to speak for women. You obviously know how we think and feel and by all means tell us how to act!"

On a serious note, anything you would like advice on? Coming out to your Dad may not be the best idea right now, but I will not tell you how act... Why? Because I am a man, and I CANNOT speak for women!

Best of luck, so sorry you had to listen to that dreck.

-The Seeker

3. SongshiQuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Promise I'm not trying to be rude here, Stocking, but didn't you say in another thread that your parents have a rocky marriage? Sounds like your father is having a big case of Weimar Germany Syndrome(i.e. We didn't lose WWI..the Jews made us lose.!) about his relationship if this is indeed the case(i.e. I'm not totally bombing my marriage...the gays marrying caused it to fall apart). Again, not trying to offend you just trying to lay out what might be his reasoning. As for the "slept with a man? No lesbian for you!" statements, um, okay. You could probably sleep with a grapefruit if you try, but that doesn't change your innate desires. I've slept with women in the (distant) past and I can assure, it might have been straight sex but I was still gay as a daisy before, during, and after.

---------- Post added 9th Jan 2014 at 03:34 PM ----------

I'm sorry you have to hear this from them, I know how it is for your parents to dump on your sexuality. And frankly, that might never change..just remember it's your life not theirs. Then again, having their daughter come out to them might just change some opinions. It's hard to demonize something when it's your own flesh and blood.

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think he is having Weimar Germany syndrome and it could be why he's acting like that because every week he has messed up crap to say about lesbians but this time he went too far . I do agree it's hard to demonize your own flesh and blood maybe he will be more understanding when i come out later