1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

support

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by niceguyonwheels, Jan 9, 2014.

1. niceguyonwheels

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i am seeking support and my straight friends do not support me beweing gay and i feel rejected

2. TB8

TB8

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    well how many people have you told that your gay?:grin: there got to be someone SOMEONE:icon_bigg that will accept you:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: im not a gay guy but im a lesbian and i know how it feels to be rejective you arnt alone(*hug*) im not rejective by my friends but my entire family ( only like 5 or 6 are accepting):tears: but you know not everybody will reject you for who you are(&&&) there will be some that will hate you for it not even want to be around gays,lesbians,transgenders,bi's:smilewave its kinda how our society is kinda sucks huh?:bang: hey maybe your straight friends might get used to it trust me it took me a while for my friends that were girls to get used to it:icon_eek: the guys were cool with it:icon_bigg just be your self if your friends dont like your real self then be like "okay bro BYE!" cause theres nothing wrong with being yourself

3. bitheway7

You sure they're really your friends? :wink: Are there any LGBT youth groups in your area, or gay straight alliance type groups at your school?

4. niceguyonwheels

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
  5. AKTodd

Hi, Welcome to EC :smilewave

First off you are more than welcome here. EC has members of all ages and backgrounds. I'd suggest checking out the various sub forums, reading thru any threads that interest you, contributing to any you'd like to, and starting new ones if you want to.

On a less virtual level, I'd suggest checking out Meetup.com. I just did a quick check for LGBT groups in the Raleigh area and got over 30 hits. You'd need to look them over for ones that interest you and then check them out in person of course. But you might find one or more that you like and that could give you both a measure of support and the opportunity to make some new friends who will be supportive of you.

Hope this helps,

Todd:thumbsup:

6. SongshiQuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry about your friends, they need to know you are no different you're the person you've always been just your true self now. If knowing that, they're still jerks about then they weren't true friends to begin with. On a positive note, I'm from the Triangle area, although I don't live there anymore. Raleigh is a very gay friendly city despite the Amendment One rep that NC gets. The LGBT Center on Hillsborough St has a ton of resources and support groups.